Medicine Overview of Dinoripe Gel
Dinoripe 0.025% Gel is used in cervical ripening and induction of labour.
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
In Depth Information on Dinoripe Gel
- During dinoprostone topical administration, you may be asked to remain in lying down position for 20-30 minutes to keep the medication in place. Your doctor may decide to give a second dose of medicine if contractions are not strong enough.
- You may be monitored closely after administration of dinoprostone topical to check if the birth canal is opening, the contractions are not too strong and to ensure the baby does not get distressed.
- Inform your doctor if you are asthmatic and if you develop difficulty in breathing after the medication, as dinoprostone topical could cause an asthma attack.
- Inform your doctor if you have an eye problem (glaucoma), fits (epilepsy), diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) in the current or any previous pregnancies, have undergone caesarean or any uterine surgery or if you have had abnormally strong contractions or scarring of your womb during previous labor or are taking medicines for pain and/or inflammation (e.g. aspirin).
- Do not use if you are allergic to dinoprostone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have severe heart, lung, kidney or liver disease.
- Do not use if you had a caesarean section, major surgery of the womb or have had six full-term pregnancies.
- Do not use by the patients in whom the size of the baby’s head is too large or there is evidence that baby is short of oxygen (fetal distress).
- Do not use by the patients in whom the baby is not in the correct position in the womb, to be born naturally or waters have broken or the placenta is obstructing the birth canal.
- Do not use if you have a history of difficult labor in a previous pregnancy or existing untreated infection of womb, ovaries or tubes (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Do not use if you have unexplained bleeding from vagina during pregnancy.
- Children and elderly must not use.
Dinoripe Gel related warnings
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dinoripe 0.025% Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dinoripe 0.025% Gel is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Dinoripe 0.025% Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Dinoripe 0.025% Gel should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Dinoripe 0.025% Gel may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Dinoripe 0.025% Gel is not recommended in patients with active kidney disease.
Dinoripe 0.025% Gel should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Dinoripe 0.025% Gel may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Dinoripe 0.025% Gel is not recommended in patients with active liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Dinoripe 0.025% Gel, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Dinoripe Gel
Q. What is dinoprostone topical made from/does dinoprostone work?
Dinoprostone is a naturally occurring substance called prostaglandin. It softens and opens the part of the birth canal known as the cervix thereby inducting the labor (a process in which the womb starts contracting).
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Dinoripe 0.025% Gel: OLT, HNP, SWP, QTM, NTB, SGH, MLC, SHP, ENP, PTI, JSL, RHW, BHP, HIP, ZEL, PMA, HEX, HZF, BMJ, DFP, RJH, GTC, LHA, HTS, ANT, SRG, UMP, HGI, JVN, IPL, HPC, MAM, GHR, SVS, NXG, PNT, ESY, SJP, MMS, WSI, DVH, MPC, BHM, STA, BSN, HMP, TNH, ATL, SVH, AGT, SLN, PLT, RSA, 9T9, ADT, HBV, KMC, RKS, SDM, SAF, SWA, MDO, NSL, NAS, TRP, ARD, KHC, SBA, PPR, DLP, SCH, DPP, CLT, JVO, GTK, RPI, PVP, RUS, MDH, VDH, MAK, OHM, KHH, HAT, OIP, LCC, BBS, FGH, BAL, PWN, BLE, WHL, USF, BTM, RHL, TFP, AYM, NNH, BIO, SBL, EMB, GNC, BDN, SHC, P2P, VRS, RDH, TOM, AAY, MSD, ABP, ATP, DHR, AAR, BAP, SHD, EQN, GBL, JIV, NVY, RDR, AMR, AYU, NVL, EVP, INC, NDP, IAD, HSP, SGC, RPP, MAX, DPL, OWP, GPP, THP, DGN, RWP, DAO, DYG, ZVP, QLF, RSS, GPT, VNS, PRN, SYN, SSA, PEN