SALT INFORMATIONDiltiazem(120 mg)
Diltiazem is used to treat mild to moderate blood pressure and to control angina (chest pain).
How it works
Diltiazem belongs to a class of medication called as calcium channel blockers. It lowers the blood pressure by slowing the heart rate and relaxing the blood vessels so the heart doesn't have to work as hard to pump. It also increases the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart and helps to relieve the chest pain.
Common side effects
Orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure), Bradycardia, Constipation, Cough, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Weakness, Headache, Lightheadedness, Limb swelling, Nasal congestion, Vomiting
- ANGIZEM CD 120 MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 14.80/capsuleRs. 148save 5% more per capsule
- ANGIZEM DP 120 MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 13.60/capsuleRs. 136save 12% more per capsule
- DILTER CD 120 MG CAPSULE(6 capsule in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 70.58/capsuleRs. 423.46pay 355% more per capsule
- KAIZEM 120 MG CAPSULE(7 capsule in strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 10.75/capsuleRs. 75.25save 31% more per capsule
- DILTER CD 120 MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 8.21/capsuleRs. 82.05save 47% more per capsule
- The drug can cause dizziness or fatigue in the first few days.
- The drug can cause ankle or foot swelling.
- The drug can cause gum overgrowth. Speak to a dentist if you get this side effect.
- Check your blood pressure regularly and speak to your doctor if it has not improved after one week.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is diltiazem a betablocker/ace inhibitor/ statin/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor?
No, diltiazem belongs to class of medication called as calcium channel blockers.
Q. Is diltiazem and Cardizem same?
Yes, diltiazem is generic name and cardiazem is brand name.
Q. Is diltiazem safe in pregnancy?
Diltiazem is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is diltiazem a generic drug?
Yes, diltiazem is the generic name of the drug.
Q. Is diltiazem narcotic?
No, however, always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Does diltiazem cause headache/nausea/diahhrea/bruising/reflex tachycardia/slow heart rate/sleepiness?
Diltiazem can cause headache/nausea/diahhrea. Always consult your doctor regarding its side effects.
Q. Can I take diltiazem with ibuprofen/Xanan/metoprolol/ Tylenol/Viagra/Advil (ibuprofen)?
No observed drug interaction occurs with these drugs. Always follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.