food interaction for DILOZOL F
alcohol interaction for DILOZOL F
pregnancy interaction for DILOZOL F
lactation interaction for DILOZOL F
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DILOZOL F
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DILOZOL FNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for DILOZOL F
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may feel dizzy after taking diloxanide.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience signs of an allergic reaction such as reddening of skin, itching, difficulty in breathing or swelling.
- Do not stop diloxanide treatment suddenly as it is important to finish the full course of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for DILOZOL F
Q.Is diloxanide furoate an antibiotic?
Yes. Diloxanide furoate or diloxanide is luminal amoebicidal agent used in the treatment of infections of the intestine caused by amoeba (a type of organism)
Q.Is diloxanide furoate banned?
Diloxanide furoate or diloxanide is banned by the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA)
Q.What is diloxanide furoate?
Diloxanide furoate or diloxanide belongs to the class of medications called luminal amoebicide that acts inside the intestine to kill infection causing amoeba (a type of organism)
Q.What is it used for?
It is used alone or along with medications (metronidazole and tinidazole) for the treatment of long-term or severe infection of the intestine caused by amoeba (chronic or acute intestinal amoebiasis).