Substitutes for DICORATE TABLET ER
DIVALID 1000MG TABLET ER
DIVALOX 1000MG TABLET ER
Oxford Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
PROVAL 1000MG TABLET ER
VALEX 1000MG TABLET ER
DIVAA - OD 1000MG TABLET ER
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Overview of DICORATE TABLET ER
Side effects of DICORATE TABLET ER
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Liver function abnormal, Tremor.
How to use DICORATE TABLET ER
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Dicorate 1000mg tablet er with food.
How DICORATE TABLET ER works
Dicorate 1000mg tablet er controls seizures or fits by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on DICORATE TABLET ER
Expert advice for DICORATE TABLET ER
- Do not take divalproex tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to divalproex or any of the other ingredients of divalproex tablet.
- Avoid taking divalproex if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not take divalproex if you have family history of urea cycle disorder or unexplained infant deaths; history of mental or mood problems (e.g. depression) or suicidal thoughts or actions; if you have recurring vomiting and sluggishness, recurring extreme irritability, or decreased food or fluid intake.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking divalproex because you may feel drowsy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: cancer, alcohol abuse or dependence, liver problems, metabolic disease, blood disease (e.g. low levels of white blood cells, low blood platelet levels), HIV infection, cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, high blood levels of ammonia or glutamine, low body temperature, low levels of albumin, brain problems, mental retardation, inflammation of the pancreas, kidney problems, or high blood glycine levels.
Special precautions for DICORATE 1000MG TABLET ER
Dicorate 1000mg tablet er may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
Dicorate 1000mg tablet er is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Dicorate 1000mg tablet er is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
MEZOLAM 7.5MG INJECTION, MEDZOL 1MG INJECTION, ANZILUM 0.5MG TABLET, ANXIL 25MG TABLET
If you miss a dose of Divalproex, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for DICORATE 1000MG TABLET ER
Frequently asked questions for Divalproex
Q. Is divalproex an antipsychotic?
Divalproex is an anticonvulsant drug and not antipsychotic
Q. Is divalproex the same as Depakote?
Yes, Depakote is a trade name of product containing the drug divalproex sodium
Q. Is divalproex safe?
Divalproex is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q. Is divalproex a controlled substance?
No, it is not a controlled substance
Q. Is divalproex/ divalproex sodium a narcotic?
No, it is not a narcotic
Q. Is divalproex the same as valproic acid?
No, divalproex contains a compound of sodium valproate and valproic acid
Q. Is divalproex a benzodiazepine?
No, it is not a benzodiazepine
Q. Is divalproex addictive?
No, it is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with divalproex?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of divalproex. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does divalproex contain MAOI?
No, it does not contain MAOI
Q. Does divalproex make you sleepy/cause weight gain/hair loss?
Divalproex may cause these side effects. However, always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.
User Submitted Feedback For DICORATE 1000MG TABLET ER
Patients taking DICORATE 1000MG TABLET ER
Once A Day
Twice A Day