food interaction for DIBIZIDE M
alcohol interaction for DIBIZIDE M
pregnancy interaction for DIBIZIDE M
lactation interaction for DIBIZIDE M
Taking metformin with alcohol may cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, somnolence, abdominal upset, or other unusual symptoms.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DIBIZIDE M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DIBIZIDE M 5 MG/500 MG TABLET
Patients taking DIBIZIDE M 5 MG/500 MG TABLET
- 60%Twice A Day
- 25%Once A Day
- 14%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for DIBIZIDE M
- GLYNASE MF 5 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 1.27/tabletRs. 12.68pay 15% more per tablet
- GLIMET DS 5 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.13/tabletRs. 11.30pay 3% more per tablet
- GLYSON MF 5MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.16/tabletRs. 11.59pay 5% more per tablet
- METAGLEZ FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.24/tabletRs. 12.45pay 13% more per tablet
- GLUMIN 5 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5/tabletRs. 50pay 355% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for DIBIZIDE M
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Glipizide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for DIBIZIDE M
Q.Can you take glipizide with sulfa allergy?
You can take glipizide if you are not allergic to glipizide or drugs from the same class i.e. sulphonylureas, sulphonamides or to any ingredients of the glipizide table. Glipizide is not contraindicated in patient with sulfa allergy
Q.Can you take glipizide with or without metformin?
You can take glipizide with or without metformin. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with insulin?
Yes. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with levothyroxine?
When levothyroxine is taken with glipizide, it may compromise the blood sugar controlling effect of glipizide. However, levothyroxine and glipizide can be taken together at a dose and schedule advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take glipizide with paracetamol (Tylenol)?
Glipizide and paracetamol have no known adverse drug interactions and can be taken together. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with ibuprofen?
Concomitant administration of glipizide with ibuprofen may cause excessive lowering of the blood sugar level (hypoglycemia).Ibuprofen can be taken with glipizide if indicated provided that you follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and schedule of use of drugs.
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.