food interaction for DIANORM
alcohol interaction for DIANORM
pregnancy interaction for DIANORM
lactation interaction for DIANORM
SALT INFORMATION for DIANORM
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DIANORM OD 30 MG TABLET
Patients taking DIANORM OD 30 MG TABLET
- 96%Once A Day
- 4%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for DIANORM
- RECLIDE MR 30 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 6.15/tabletRs. 61.50pay 42% more per tablet
- GLIX MR 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indi PharmaRs. 4.33/tabletRs. 43.25same price
- GLICLAPACK 30MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 165pay 27% more per tablet
- AZUKON MR TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.80/tabletRs. 48pay 10% more per tablet
- CLAGLID MR 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Proqol HealthcareRs. 6/tabletRs. 60pay 38% more per tablet
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DIANORM
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for DIANORM
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.