food interaction for DIAMICRON
alcohol interaction for DIAMICRON
pregnancy interaction for DIAMICRON
lactation interaction for DIAMICRON
SALT INFORMATION for DIAMICRON
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DIAMICRON 80 MG TABLET
Patients taking DIAMICRON 80 MG TABLET
- 41%Twice A Day
- 41%Once A Day
- 15%Thrice A Day
- 3%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for DIAMICRON
- RECLIDE 80 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 7.07/tabletRs. 106pay 18% more per tablet
- GLIZID 80MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 6.47/tabletRs. 97pay 8% more per tablet
- GLYCIGON 80MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.10/tabletRs. 41save 32% more per tablet
- GLYCHEK 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55save 8% more per tablet
- DIANORM 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 5/tabletRs. 50save 17% more per tablet
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DIAMICRON
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for DIAMICRON
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.