food interaction for DIAMICRON
alcohol interaction for DIAMICRON
pregnancy interaction for DIAMICRON
lactation interaction for DIAMICRON
SALT INFORMATION for DIAMICRON
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DIAMICRON 60 MG TABLET XR
Patients taking DIAMICRON 60 MG TABLET XR
- 64%Once A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
- 2%Thrice A Day
- 1%Twice A Week
- 1%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for DIAMICRON
- CYBLEX 60 MG TABLET XR(10 tablet xr in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 8.25/tablet xrRs. 82.50save 31% more per tablet xr
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for DIAMICRON
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Gliclazide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for DIAMICRON
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.