food interaction for DIABECLAZ
alcohol interaction for DIABECLAZ
pregnancy interaction for DIABECLAZ
lactation interaction for DIABECLAZ
SALT INFORMATION for DIABECLAZ
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DIABECLAZ
- DIAMICRON 30 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 6.90/tablet mrRs. 69pay 15% more per tablet mr
- GLIZID 30 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 7.77/tablet mrRs. 77.70pay 30% more per tablet mr
- GLYCINORM OD 30 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 6.09/tablet mrRs. 60.90pay 1% more per tablet mr
- DIABEND 30MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 3.85/tablet mrRs. 38.50save 36% more per tablet mr
- GLYSISS 30 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Akesiss Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 1.82/tablet mrRs. 18.22save 70% more per tablet mr
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for DIABECLAZ
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Gliclazide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for DIABECLAZ
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.