food interaction for DEXOMET
alcohol interaction for DEXOMET
pregnancy interaction for DEXOMET
lactation interaction for DEXOMET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DEXOMET
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DEXOMET 0.25% W/W CREAM
Patients taking DEXOMET 0.25% W/W CREAM
- 53%Once A Day
- 27%Twice A Day
- 13%Thrice A Day
- 7%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for DEXOMETNo substitutes found
- Dr. Jasjeet Singh WasirMBBS, MD
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Dheeraj KapoorMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Ambrish MithalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sujeet JhaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for DEXOMET
- Do not wear contact lenses while using dexamethasone eye drops.
- Do not use dexamethasone eye drops if you have glaucoma (increased eye pressure) or diabetes.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because it may cause blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to dexamethasone or any of its ingredients.
- Children < 2 years must not use.
- Do not use if you have preexisting eye infections which are not treated, high pressure in eyes, untreated infection /fungal infection that affects the whole body.
Frequently asked questions for DEXOMET
Q.Are decadron and prednisone same as dexamethasone?
No, Decadron is a brand name of dexamethasone. Prednisone, however, is entirely different drug. Both drugs belong to a same class of medications called corticosteroids
Q.Is dexamethasone a narcotic, sulfa drug, NSAID or controlled substance?
No, dexamethasone is a corticosteroid drug which shows anti-inflammatory action. It is not a controlled substance or sulfa drug. It can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q.Is dexamethasone topical safe for toddlers?
No, dexamethasone topical is not safe for toddlers.