Medicine Overview of Dexglan Injection
Uses of Dexglan Injection
Dexglan 0.1mg Injection is used as sedation in intensive care unit (ICU).
Side effects of Dexglan Injection
Dry mouth, Decreased blood pressure, Slow heart rate.
How to use Dexglan Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Dexglan Injection works
Dexglan 0.1mg injection works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that relieves pain and induces sleep.
In Depth Information on Dexglan Injection
Expert advice for Dexglan Injection
- You may be monitored for change in heart rate and blood pressure during treatment with dexmedetomidine.
- Dexmedetomidine should not be infused for periods >24 hours. It is not necessary to discontinue the drug prior to extubation (removal of tube placed in windpipe) provided that duration of infusion is ?24 hours.
- Continuous cardiac and respiratory monitoring is recommended in patients receiving dexmedetomidine infusion.
- Use with caution if you have abnormally slow heart rate, low blood pressure, low blood volume (e.g. after bleeding), certain heart disorders, neurological disorder (e.g. head or spinal cord injury or stroke), severe liver problems or have ever developed a serious fever after some medicines, especially anaesthetics.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Do not breastfeed while on Dexmedetomidine.
Special precautions for Dexglan 0.1mg Injection
Dexglan 0.1mg Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dexglan 0.1mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dexglan 0.1mg Injection is probably safe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Not relevant, as Dexglan 0.1mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Dexglan 0.1mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. No dose adjustment of Dexglan 0.1mg Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Dexglan 0.1mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Dexmedetomidine
Dexglan. Dexglan HCL is used to provide sedation (a state of calm, drowsiness or sleep) for adult patients in intensive care settings (i.e. in initially intubated and mechanically ventilated patients or non-intubated patients prior to and/or during surgical and other procedures)
It is a sedative that belongs toclassof drugs called centrally active selective 2A agonists.It is not a controlled drug/substance
Yes, Dexglan approved by FDA
Dexglan is given as an infusion (drip) into veins. It may cause pain at injection site and low heart rate (bradycardia). It does not cause amnesia
Dexglan activates the central 2A receptors which causes sedation and analgesia.
Substitutes for Dexglan
No substitutes found for this medicine