food interaction for DEXGLAN
alcohol interaction for DEXGLAN
pregnancy interaction for DEXGLAN
lactation interaction for DEXGLAN
Avoid Dexglan 0.1mg injection with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DEXGLAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DEXGLANNo substitutes found
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DEXGLAN
- You may be monitored for change in heart rate and blood pressure during treatment with dexmedetomidine.
- Dexmedetomidine should not be infused for periods >24 hours. It is not necessary to discontinue the drug prior to extubation (removal of tube placed in windpipe) provided that duration of infusion is ?24 hours.
- Continuous cardiac and respiratory monitoring is recommended in patients receiving dexmedetomidine infusion.
- Use with caution if you have abnormally slow heart rate, low blood pressure, low blood volume (e.g. after bleeding), certain heart disorders, neurological disorder (e.g. head or spinal cord injury or stroke), severe liver problems or have ever developed a serious fever after some medicines, especially anaesthetics.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Do not breastfeed while on Dexmedetomidine.
Frequently asked questions for DEXGLAN
Q.What is dexmedetomidine/dexmedetomidine HCL used for?
Dexmedetomidine/ dexmedetomidine HCL is used to provide sedation (a state of calm, drowsiness or sleep) for adult patients in intensive care settings (i.e. in initially intubated and mechanically ventilated patients or non-intubated patients prior to and/or during surgical and other procedures)
Q.What class is dexmedetomidine/ is dexmedetomidine a controlled substance?
It is a sedative that belongs toclassof drugs called centrally active selective 2A agonists.It is not a controlled drug/substance
Q.Is dexmedetomidine approved by FDA?
Yes, dexmedetomidine approved by FDA
Q.Does dexmedetomidine cause amnesia/pain on inje ction/bradycardia?
Dexmedetomidine is given as an infusion (drip) into veins. It may cause pain at injection site and low heart rate (bradycardia). It does not cause amnesia
Q.How does dexmedetomidine work?
Dexmedetomidine activates the central 2A receptors which causes sedation and analgesia.