food interaction for DESIROX
alcohol interaction for DESIROX
pregnancy interaction for DESIROX
lactation interaction for DESIROX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DESIROX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DESIROXNo substitutes found
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for DESIROX
- Always take deferasirox tablet on an empty stomach by dissolving into a glass of water.
- Do not chew, crush, break or swallow the tablets as a whole.
- Deferasirox may cause dizziness. It is advisable not to drive or operate any machinery until you feel normal again.
- Avoid taking deferasirox if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for DESIROX
Q.What is deferasirox used for?
Deferasirox is used for removing excess iron from the body due to repeated blood transfusions in patients with beta thalassemia major (a blood disorder)
Q.How does deferasirox work?
Deferasirox works by binding to excess iron in the blood and removing it from the body through stool.