food interaction for DESFAX
alcohol interaction for DESFAX
pregnancy interaction for DESFAX
lactation interaction for DESFAX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DESFAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DESFAX
- DESDEP OD 100MG TABLET ER(10 tablet er in strip)Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 16.20/tablet erRs. 162pay 20% more per tablet er
- DESVELAF 100MG TABLET ER(10 tablet er in strip)Crescent Therapeutics LtdRs. 13.71/tablet erRs. 137.13pay 2% more per tablet er
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for DESFAX
- Take Desvenlafaxine only as directed by your doctor. Do not take it more often or for a longer period of time.
- You may have to take Desvenlafaxine at least for 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Desvenlafaxine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Desvenlafaxine should be taken with food to minimize the chances of an upset stomach.
- Avoid driving after taking <med_name > as it may cause drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Desvenlafaxine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Desvenlafaxine may cause a higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour changes.
- Desvenlafaxine causes sleepiness, so it's good for people who have trouble sleeping (insomnia).
Frequently asked questions for DESFAX
Q.Is desvenlafaxin same as venlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine and venlafaxine belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is desvenlafaxine an addictive?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is desvenlafaxine a SSRI/stimulant?
No, desvenlafaxine belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Q.Is desvenlafaxine safe?
Desvenlafaxine is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does desvenlafaxine cause weight gain?
No, desvenlafaxine is not known to cause weight. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.