Medicine Overview of Dersol Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
Salicylic acid belongs to a class of medication called keratolytics. It works on reducing swelling and redness and thus causing pimples to shrink. It also loosens and softens the dry, scaly skin thus causing it to peel off.
In Depth Information on Dersol Ointment
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to salicylic acid or any of the ingredients of the acne cream, ointment, solution, gel, shampoo or medicated plaster.
- Do not apply salicylic acid to open wounds or irritated skin.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after applying salicylic acid containing application.
- Do not apply on eyes, nose, genitals or rectum, and avoid touching these areas after applying medication to affected area and before washing your hands.
- Topical salicylic acid should not be used for genital warts, warts on the face, warts with hair growing from them, warts in the nose or mouth, moles, or birthmarks.
- Do not cover treated skin with a bandage or heating pad, which can increase the burning sensation. You should not cover the skin with clothing immediately after application.
- Do not apply this immediately after shaving or bathing.
- Avoid getting this medication on dentures or any other thing that comes in contact with sensitive parts of the body.
- Do not use salicylic acid on children or adolescents without the prescription of the doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any other medication you are taking, or if you have kidney problems or if you are pregnant or breast feeding or are diabetic or have blood circulation problems.
- The cream, ointment, solution, gel, shampoo, medicated plaster should be used for an indication only as instructed by doctor and not for any other indication.
Dersol Ointment related warnings
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dersol 6% w/w Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dersol 6% w/w Ointment is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Dersol 6% w/w Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Dersol 6% w/w Ointment is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Dersol 6% w/w Ointment may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Dersol 6% w/w Ointment is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Dersol 6% w/w Ointment may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Dersol 6% w/w Ointment
How much was the improvement? What are you using Dersol Ointment for?
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Dersol 6% w/w Ointment. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Dersol Ointment
Dersol is part of an acne cream/ointment/solution/gel/shampoo/medicated plaster. It is used for curing acne and its scars. It is also used for dandruff problems. It is not used for lightening the skin or exfoliating it. It is not used to cure genital warts
Dersol works best if used for an indication at the dose prescribed by the doctor
Salicylic acid does expire and should not be used beyond the expiry date
Dersol is used as part of an acne cream/ointment/solution/gel/shampoo/medicated plaster. It works on reducing swelling and redness and thus causing pimples to shrink. It also loosens and softens the dry, scaly skin thus causing it to peel off.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Dersol 6% w/w Ointment: PPR, WHL, PVP, BIO, RHL, IAD, BBS, RUS, MDH, QLF, VNS, NXG, RWP, GPP, NSL, NTB, ZVP, KMC, PEN, PWN, NVL, EMB, DGN, BLE, ATP, SWP, HIP, HPC, JIV, BTM, DLP, MLC, AYM, NNH, EVP, SLN, NDP, BAP, DYG, RKS, STA, SSA, VDH, ABP, GTC, LHA, KHC, ENP, TRP, NVY, RPI, HAT, JVN, ESY, ANT, ATL, CLT, INC, PTI, GBL, LCC, 9T9, GHR, MAX, DHR, SHC, HZF, OIP, MAM, USF, BHM, SRG, SJP, GNC, MMS, UMP, WSI, MSD, RSA, RDR, TNH, DFP, PNT, AMR, DVH, SBA, RPP, ADT, MPC, PLT, OWP, QTM, JVO, SHD, HGI, RDH, PRN, HTS, DPL, EQN, SVH, BAL, ZEL, DPP, HBV, SYN, VRS, SWA, MAK, BSN, AYU, ARD, KHH, P2P, TFP, BDN, SHP, OLT, HEX, IPL, SCH, SGH, HMP, BHP, MDO, SGC, AAY, AGT, GTK, THP, FGH, RSS, PMA, AAR, TOM, RHW, HSP, RJH, JSL, BMJ, HNP, SDM, SAF, SBL, GPT, OHM