food interaction for DEPRANIL
alcohol interaction for DEPRANIL
pregnancy interaction for DEPRANIL
lactation interaction for DEPRANIL
medicine interaction for DEPRANIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DEPRANIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DEPRANIL
- ANTIDEP 75 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 24.50pay 6% more per tablet
- DEPSOL 75 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.25/tabletRs. 22.55save 3% more per tablet
- TALENDEP 75 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 2.32/tabletRs. 23.21same price
- ELAMIN 75MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Baroda Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 2.13/tabletRs. 21.30save 8% more per tablet
- ELDEP 75MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 2.10/tabletRs. 21save 10% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR DEPRANIL
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: heart disease such as irregular heartbeats, heart block or have recently had heart attack diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure or have had a heart attack, or condition that affects your adrenal glands; periods of increased and exaggerated behavior (mania); severe liver disease, or suffering with porphyria (a genetic disorder of the red blood cells hemoglobin causing skin blisters, abdominal pain and brain/nervous system disorders).
- Take special precautions and consult your doctor while taking imipramine if you are not able to pass urine, or have increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma).
Frequently asked questions FOR DEPRANIL
Q. Is imipramine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor/ anticholinergic/ tricyclic antidepressant/benzodiazepine?
Imipramine belongs to a class of medication called tricyclic antidepressants. It is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor/ anticholinergic/ benzodiazepine
Q. Is imipramine addictive?
No, imipramine is not addictive
Q. Is imipramine sedative?
It had sedative effect, due to its antihistaminergic effect
Q. Is imipramine good for anxiety?
Yes, imipramine may be used for the treatment of anxiety (panic disorder).