food interaction for DEMOLOX
alcohol interaction for DEMOLOX
pregnancy interaction for DEMOLOX
lactation interaction for DEMOLOX
medicine interaction for DEMOLOX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DEMOLOX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DEMOLOX
- AMOLIFE 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 98pay 21% more per tablet
- AMOLOX 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tripada Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 7.71/tabletRs. 77.13save 5% more per tablet
- KAMIPOX 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)KC LaboratoriesRs. 7.26/tabletRs. 72.57save 11% more per tablet
- OXAMINE 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)PsycormediesRs. 8.35/tabletRs. 83.53pay 3% more per tablet
- DEPILOX 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Consern Pharma P LtdRs. 8.11/tabletRs. 81.12same price
Expert advice FOR DEMOLOX
- Caution must be exercised as amoxapine use is associated with increased suicidal ideation and tendencies in children and young adolescent.
- Avoid long term use of amoxapine as it may cause tardive dyskinesia (disorder resulting in involuntary, repetitive body movements).
- Do not change your dose or stop taking amoxapine, even if you are feeling well, as this may worsen your symptoms.
- Use of amoxapine may cause dizziness/ drowsiness; it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery under such circumstances till you feel fine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it may worsen the side effects (dizziness/drowsiness).
- Do not start or consult a doctor if you are being treated with electroshock therapy, have epilepsy, psychosis, increased intraocular pressure or history of urinary retention.
- Inform your doctor that you are taking amoxapine if you are or planning to undergo a surgery including dental surgery,
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR DEMOLOX
Q. What are the uses of amoxapine?
Amoxapine is used for the treatment of depression
Q. How does amoxapine work?
It acts by increasing the amount of chemicals (norepinephrine and serotonin) that is required to maintain normal mental balance
Q. Does amoxapine cause weight gain?
Amoxapine causes change in weight (increase or decrease).