Medicine Overview of Decarb Powder for Injection
Side effects of Decarb Powder for Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia, Decreased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite.
How to use Decarb Powder for Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Decarb Powder for Injection works
Decarb 500mg powder for injection works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Decarb Powder for Injection
Expert advice for Decarb Powder for Injection
- Dacarbazine injection must be given under the supervision of a doctor who is experienced in giving chemotherapy medications for cancer.
- You should not eat anything for 4 to 6 hours before taking dacarbazine injection. This may help prevent severe nausea or vomiting.
- Dacarbazine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Avoid any unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Dacarbazine can cause a severe decrease in the number of blood cells in your bone marrow increasing the risk of developing serious infection or bleeding. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as, fever, sore throat, ongoing cough and congestion, or other signs of infection; unusual bleeding or bruising.
- Dacarbazine may cause serious or life-threatening liver damage. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as nausea, extreme tiredness, unusual bleeding or bruising, lack of energy, loss of appetite, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- It is advisable for men undergoing dacarbazine treatment to take contraceptive measures during and for 6 months after termination of therapy.
- Do not drink alcohol while on dacarbazine treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machines while using dacarbazine.
Special precautions for Decarb 500mg Powder for Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Decarb 500mg Powder for Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Decarb 500mg Powder for Injection is probably safe to use du+more
ring lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Decarb 500mg Powder for Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Decarb 500mg Powder for Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Decarb 500mg Powder for Injection is recommended.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with combined renal and hepatic impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with combined renal and hepatic impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Dacarbazine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Decarb 500mg Powder for Injection
Frequently asked questions for Dacarbazine
Decarb is administered as infusion or injection. Absorption by mouth is slow and varies therefore intravenous (infusion or injection) administration is preferred
Decarb is a potent vesicant (it is corrosive), and it should be carefully administered to avoid the risk of extravasation (leaking into the tissues)
Decarb is used to treat skin cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (malignant melanoma), cancer of the white blood cell (Hodgkin's lymphoma) and advanced adult soft tissue sarcomas (cancer of soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, fat, and blood vessels)
Decarb is effective if taken at recommended dosage and duration as advised by your doctor
Yes. Hair loss is a common side effect of Decarb.
Substitutes for Decarb Powder for Injection
Oncodac 500mg Injection
Vhb Life Sciences Inc
Dabaz 500mg Powder for Injection
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹952.38/Powder for Injection
Dacarol 500mg Injection
Venus Remedies Ltd
Dacarex 500mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd