Medicine Overview of Daunoplus Injection
Uses of Daunoplus Injection
Side effects of Daunoplus Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Reduced blood platelets, Ulcer, Infection, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, Decreased white blood cell count, Hair loss, Fever, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Fatigue, Anemia, Chills, Diarrhoea, Mucosal inflammation, Febrile neutropenia, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Breathing difficulty.
How to use Daunoplus Injection
How Daunoplus Injection works
In Depth Information on Daunoplus Injection
Expert advice for Daunoplus Injection
- You must undergo careful examination of functioning of the heart as daunorubicin is known to cause life-threatening heart problems due to damage to heart muscles (myocardium).
- Daunorubicin should be used cautiously is elderly, children, and patients with high blood pressure (manifest arterial hypertension) due to increased risk of developing heart complications.
- You may be frequently examined for complete blood-count (blood cells, proteins, hemoglobin), kidney, liver and heart function before and during the course of treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you have had, have an ongoing or scheduled radiation therapy or X-ray of the chest area. Daunorubicin increases the risk of reactions at the site of radiation therapy (or risk of heart problem if the chest area is involved) and should be used cautiously.
- You should be monitored for worsening of infections and development of life-threatening infections (e.g. viral infections like herpes zoster) as daunorubicin is known to suppress the activity of the immune system.
- Liposomal preparation of daunorubicin is not recommended for use in children <18 years.
- Before starting daunorubicin treatment, make sure that you are free from any side effects of previous chemotherapy (inflammation of the mouth, abnormal blood cell counts and generalized infections).
- Both partners should take extreme care to avoid pregnancy while on daunorubicin therapy and consult your doctor if you get to know that you are pregnant.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Daunoplus 20mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Use of Daunoplus 20mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.