Medicine Overview of Daruvir Tablet
Uses of Daruvir Tablet
Daruvir 600mg Tablet is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
Side effects of Daruvir Tablet
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Increased cholesterol level in blood, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Daruvir Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Daruvir 600mg Tablet with food.
How Daruvir Tablet works
Daruvir 600mg tablet is antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Daruvir Tablet
Expert advice for Daruvir Tablet
- Darunavir is not a cure for HIV infection and patients can still pass on HIV when taking this medicine.
- Taking darunavir may cause a skin rash; contact your doctor whenever you develop a rash.
- Caution is to be observed in patients taking raltegravir along with darunavir as it enhances the risk of developing rash by many folds.
- Inform your doctor before taking this drug if you are an elderly patient ? 65 years of age, if you had liver disease including hepatitis B or C or have hemophilia or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes as darunavir can increase sugar levels in the blood.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice any symptoms of infection (for example enlarged lymph nodes and fever), face changes in body fat like redistribution, accumulation or loss.
Special precautions for Daruvir 600mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Daruvir 600mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Daruvir 600mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Daruvir 600mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Daruvir 600mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Daruvir 600mg Tablet is recommended.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with severe renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Cordarone 150mg Injection 3ml, Minipress XL 5mg Tablet, Urimax 0.4mg Capsule MR, Minipress XL 2.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Daruvir 600mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Darunavir
Daruvir doesn’t seem to have the potential for causing hair loss.
Substitutes for Daruvir Tablet
Virem 600mg Tablet
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd