food interaction for DAPSONE
alcohol interaction for DAPSONE
pregnancy interaction for DAPSONE
lactation interaction for DAPSONE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DAPSONE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DAPSONE 100MG TABLET
Patients taking DAPSONE 100MG TABLET
- 85%Once A Day
- 13%Twice A Day
- 3%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for DAPSONENo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for DAPSONE
- Dapsone should be used with caution in patients with heart or lung disease.
- Regular blood counts should be performed during treatment with dapsone to check incidence of hemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, but suffering from leprosy, your doctor may prescribe you folic acid supplements along with dapsone.
Frequently asked questions for DAPSONE
Q.Is dapsone a steroid, retinoid, immunosuppressant or sulfa drug?
Dapsone is a sulfa drug used mainly to treat leprosy
Q.Is dapsone available over the counter?
No. Dapsone belongs to schedule H category of drugs and it is available only on valid prescription
Q.Does dapsone cause itching, tiredness, weight gain, weight loss, hair loss or yeast infections?
Dapsone may cause itching, tiredness, and loss of appetite. It is not reported to cause weight gain or loss, hair loss or yeast infections. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does dapsone topical work?
Dapsone gel is used topically for the treatment of acne (pimples).