Medicine Overview of Dacmed Injection
Side Effects of Dacmed are Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Decreased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Dacmed 200 mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Dacmed Injection
- Dacarbazine injection must be given under the supervision of a doctor who is experienced in giving chemotherapy medications for cancer.
- You should not eat anything for 4 to 6 hours before taking dacarbazine injection. This may help prevent severe nausea or vomiting.
- Dacarbazine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Avoid any unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Dacarbazine can cause a severe decrease in the number of blood cells in your bone marrow increasing the risk of developing serious infection or bleeding. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as, fever, sore throat, ongoing cough and congestion, or other signs of infection; unusual bleeding or bruising.
- Dacarbazine may cause serious or life-threatening liver damage. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as nausea, extreme tiredness, unusual bleeding or bruising, lack of energy, loss of appetite, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- It is advisable for men undergoing dacarbazine treatment to take contraceptive measures during and for 6 months after termination of therapy.
- Do not drink alcohol while on dacarbazine treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machines while using dacarbazine.
Dacmed Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dacmed 200 mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dacmed 200 mg Injection is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Dacmed 200 mg Injection may influence the ability to drive because of its central nervous system side effects.
Dacmed 200 mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Dacmed 200 mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Dacmed 200 mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Dacmed 200 mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Dacmed 200 mg Injection, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Dacmed Injection
Q. How is Dacmed administered/ how is Dacmed given/ why is Dacmed given as an infusion?
Dacmed is administered as infusion or injection. Absorption by mouth is slow and varies therefore intravenous (infusion or injection) administration is preferred
Dacmed is a potent vesicant (it is corrosive), and it should be carefully administered to avoid the risk of extravasation (leaking into the tissues)
Q. What is Dacmed used for?
Dacmed is used to treat skin cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (malignant melanoma), cancer of the white blood cell (Hodgkin's lymphoma) and advanced adult soft tissue sarcomas (cancer of soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, fat, and blood vessels)
Q. Does Dacmed work/ how effective is Dacmed?
Dacmed is effective if taken at recommended dosage and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Dacmed cause hair loss?
Yes. Hair loss is a common side effect of Dacmed.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Dacmed 200mg Injection: AVL, ALC, OIP, GEO, IMC, ZVP, ASP, QLF, GMA, DYG, GPT, GDA, SVS, BAL, BAP, OWP, DHP, PNT, VHP, ATP, AVS, TRP, RSA, RDH, SVH, SBA, BNT, HPC, BRC, NXG, HMP, SGC, NNH, BLE, MSD, AVB, NVL, MAK, NNP, DFP, ESY, MKS, GHR, PMA, BGS, SSS, USF, MPC, PRC, HLT, WSI, RHW, BMJ, CMC, 4IT, RDR, EPS, EAN, LCC, BDN, PWN, MKT, HTS, SSI, TSS, LHP, PRL, GLM, AYU, RKS, JIV, WPL, SAF, AAY, OLT, IAD, SGH, HCP, BHM, PRT, UMP, DYL, NSL, BNA, GBL, PVP, SDM, GTK, AMH, SNG, PPR, JVO, MAM, SLN, QTM, GNC, SDE, JVN, AGT, HNP, GTC, JHC, RWP, BSN, SSA, HWI, VTR, KNH, AMR, THP, WHL, ARD, HPP, LHA, JJE, RSS, YMI, DGN, BBN, BBS, BLS, NVY, AXM, SMS, SWT, APS, AYN, CRN, MAX, OHM, CPK, AFT, DRA, PTP, STS, WAD, MDH, HZF, VSC, 9MM, VSL, SJP, KHH, OBS, NAS, SNH, RHL, SMN, LMS, HEX, BLP, EEC, AAR, MDO, ANT, JBT, SWA, NTL, DPL, RPI, HBV, BHS, MAP, DZY, SCP, BHA, VDH, MMS, MLC, ANP, XMX, VNS, HIP, GLD, BDI, HAT, FGH, AYM, KMC, VRS, SWP, ZPR, SRG, DHR, BIO, STA, CHP, PTI, PRN, BHP, ADT, RUS, DLP, BJP, AWS, VJS, PHC, DVH, MBP, BTM, NTB, FRM, 1MH, DPP, HSP, SPD, RPP, DAO, JSL, RGH, EMB, HGI, SBL, UHP, ABP, KHC, PHN, TAT, CLT, SHD, ZEL, NDP, KHD, ENP, VOP, SHC, SYN, SCH, PLT, EQN, TOM, UVD, ATL, KIS, INC, NEO, GPP, KLC, HSM, IPL