food interaction for D FAX
alcohol interaction for D FAX
pregnancy interaction for D FAX
lactation interaction for D FAX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for D FAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for D FAX
- DVENIZ 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.30/tabletRs. 113pay 28% more per tablet
- MDD XR 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 10.70/tabletRs. 107pay 22% more per tablet
- VENTAB DXT 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.10/tabletRs. 111pay 26% more per tablet
- PRESTIQ 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 13.19/tabletRs. 131.89pay 50% more per tablet
- ZYVEN OD 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 9.59/tabletRs. 95.90pay 9% more per tablet
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Anupama AhlawatMBBS
Expert advice for D FAX
- Take Desvenlafaxine only as directed by your doctor. Do not take it more often or for a longer period of time.
- You may have to take Desvenlafaxine at least for 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Desvenlafaxine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Desvenlafaxine should be taken with food to minimize the chances of an upset stomach.
- Avoid driving after taking <med_name > as it may cause drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Desvenlafaxine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Desvenlafaxine may cause a higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour changes.
- Desvenlafaxine causes sleepiness, so it's good for people who have trouble sleeping (insomnia).
Frequently asked questions for D FAX
Q.Is desvenlafaxin same as venlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine and venlafaxine belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is desvenlafaxine an addictive?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is desvenlafaxine a SSRI/stimulant?
No, desvenlafaxine belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Q.Is desvenlafaxine safe?
Desvenlafaxine is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does desvenlafaxine cause weight gain?
No, desvenlafaxine is not known to cause weight. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.