food interaction for CYTOSAR (PFZ)
alcohol interaction for CYTOSAR (PFZ)
pregnancy interaction for CYTOSAR (PFZ)
lactation interaction for CYTOSAR (PFZ)
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CYTOSAR (PFZ)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CYTOSAR (PFZ)
- CYTARINE 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Fresenius Kabi India Pvt LtdRs. 177/ML of injectionRs. 177pay 229% more per ML of injection
- ARASID 100MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 189.05/injectionRs. 189.05pay 251% more per injection
- BIOBIN 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 217.80/ML of injectionRs. 217.80pay 305% more per ML of injection
- CYTALON 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 168.57/ML of injectionRs. 168.57pay 213% more per ML of injection
- CYBIN PF 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 250/ML of injectionRs. 250pay 365% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR CYTOSAR (PFZ)
- You may be monitored closely for severity of symptoms.
- You will be told to undergo tests for blood counts, bone marrow, liver and kidney functions at regular intervals of time.
- Inform your doctor if you have recently received chemotherapy or radiotherapy or you are scheduled for radiotherapy.
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any liver disorder.
- Stop taking cytarabine if you develop severe allergic reaction.
- Taking cytarabine may increase your uric acid level in the blood. Seek medical advice for necessary precautions.
- Avoid vaccination with live vaccine to eliminate risk of life threatening reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR CYTOSAR (PFZ)
Q. Is cytarabine a vesicant?
No. Cytarabine is not a vesicant (irritant) but should be handled with care
Q. Is cytarabine ototoxic?
No. Ototoxicity is not reported with use of cytarabine. However, please consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q. Is cytarabine cytotoxic?
Yes. Cytarabine is a cytotoxic drug
Q. Does cytarabine cause hair loss?
Yes. Cytarabine may cause hair loss
Q. How does cytarabine prevent DNA replication?
Cytarabine prevents deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) replication through inhibiting the synthesis of DNA.