food interaction for CYP L
alcohol interaction for CYP L
pregnancy interaction for CYP L
lactation interaction for CYP L
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CYP L
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CYP L
- PERITOL PAEDRIATIC 1.5 MG DROP(30 ML drop in packet)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 0.84/ML of dropRs. 25.33save 65% more per ML of drop
- PERITOL 1.5 MG DROP(30 ML drop in packet)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 0.84/ML of dropRs. 25.33save 65% more per ML of drop
- APEL 1.5MG DROPS(30 ML drop in packet)Lancer Health Care Pvt LtdRs. 0.86/ML of dropRs. 25.67save 64% more per ML of drop
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for CYP L
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cyproheptadine or any of the other ingredients of cyproheptadine tablet.
- If you are taking other medicines such as antihistamines or monoamine-oxidase inhibitors.
Frequently asked questions for CYP L
Q.Is cyproheptadine used to gain weight/for headaches?
No, cyproheptadine is used for treatment of allergies. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Is cyproheptadine a narcotic/antihistamine/anticholinergic/steroid?
Cyproheptadine is antihistaminic drug which may have anticholinergic effects. It is not a narcotic/steroid
Q.Is cyproheptadine over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is cyproheptadine safe?
It is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take cyproheptadine with Benadryl/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Yes, but Benadryl contains some amount of antihistaminic drug which may alter the effects of cyproheptadine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does cyproheptadine get you high/make you gain weight/increase appetite/make you hungry?
Cyproheptadine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does cyproheptadine affect birth control?
No, it does not affect birth control. Patient should follow the advice of doctor before its use
Q.Does cyproheptadine have codeine/acetaminophen in it?
No, it does not contain codeine/acetaminophen in it.