food interaction for CTD
alcohol interaction for CTD
pregnancy interaction for CTD
lactation interaction for CTD
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CTD
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CTD 6.25 MG TABLET
Patients taking CTD 6.25 MG TABLET
- 97%Once A Day
- 3%Alternate Day
- 1%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CTD
- LUPICLOR 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 4.15/tabletRs. 41.50save 1% more per tablet
- THIAKLOR 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.25/tabletRs. 42.50pay 1% more per tablet
- CLOVET 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 35save 17% more per tablet
- THALORIC 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 3.40/tabletRs. 34save 19% more per tablet
- ZIONE 6.25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 3.85/tabletRs. 38.45save 8% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for CTD
- Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of chlorthalidone.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink.
- Do not take chlorthalidone and potassium salt or a potassium-sparing diuretic, if you are taking ACE inhibitors.
Frequently asked questions for CTD
Q.What is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5?
Chlorthalidone belongs to class of medications called thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 a generic drug?
Yes, chlorthalidone is the generic name and hydrazine 12.5 is brand name
Q.Is chlorthalidone an ace inhibitor/potassium sparing diuretic/sulfa drug/benzodiazepine/a blood thinner?
No, chlorthalidone belongs to class of medication called as thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone a water pill?
Yes, it is a diuretic and also called as ‘water pill'
Q.Is chlorthalidone better than hydrochlorothiazide?
Chlorthalidone and hydrochlorothiazide belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Can I take chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 with ibuprofen/Excedrin/Tylenol?
There is no observed drug interaction. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can amitriptyline cause weight loss: gain/cough/low potassium/high blood sugar/erectile dysfunction?
Amitriptyline can cause low potassium/high blood pressure. Patients should consult the doctor regarding the possible side effects.