Medicine Overview of Crotorax Lotion
Uses of Crotorax Lotion
Crotorax 10% w/w Lotion is used in the treatment of scabies.
Side effects of Crotorax Lotion
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation).
How to use Crotorax Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How Crotorax Lotion works
Crotamiton belongs to the class of medications called as scabicidal drugs. It works by killing the mite that causes scabies. It is also anti-pruritic in action. It acts as a counter-irritant, producing a cooling effect as it evaporates from the skin, thereby providing relief from itching.
In Depth Information on Crotorax Lotion
Expert advice for Crotorax Lotion
- Exercise caution if your child is less than 3 years of age, apply the cream or lotion under doctor’s supervision.
- Do not apply crotamiton topical in or around the mouth or eyes. If applied accidently, rinse thoroughly with water.
- After each application, change the clothing, towels and bed sheets to facilitate killing of all the mites.
- Take a cleansing bath after 48 hours of the last application to remove the traces of the medication from the skin.
- Stop applying crotamiton if you develop any allergic reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding and or having genital itching.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to crotamiton or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients with acute exudative dermatoses (red and itchy skin with pus).
- It sholud not given to patients with damaged or excoriated skin.
Special precautions for Crotorax 10% w/w Lotion
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Crotorax 10% w/w Lotion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Crotorax 10% w/w Lotion is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Crotorax 10% w/w Lotion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Crotora+more
x 10% w/w Lotion in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Crotamiton Topical, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Crotorax 10% w/w Lotion
Frequently asked questions for Crotamiton Topical
Q. Is crotamiton over the counter?
No. Crotamiton is available with prescription of registered medical practitioner only
Q. Is crotamiton a steroid/an antihistamine?
Crotamiton is neither a steroid nor an antihistamine
Q. Is crotamiton topical safe?
Crotamiton topical is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
Substitutes for Crotorax
No substitutes found for this medicine