food interaction for CROMYL FORTE
alcohol interaction for CROMYL FORTE
pregnancy interaction for CROMYL FORTE
lactation interaction for CROMYL FORTE
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Cromyl forte drop is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CROMYL FORTE
Sodium Cromoglycate(4% w/v)
How it works
The Sodium cromoglycate works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that may cause inflammation, spasm of muscles of the airways and other symptoms of asthma and allergies.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Nausea, Blurred vision, Chest tightness, Headache, Skin rash, Stinging in the eyes, Throat irritation.
Benzalkonium Chloride(0.01% w/v)
Benzalkonium Chloride is used in preservation of the medicinal products.
How it works
The mode of action of benzalkonium chloride appears to be associated with the effect on the cytoplasmic membrane, which controls cell permeability.
Common side effects
Paralysis of respiratory muscle, Allergic contact dermatitis, Apprehension, Collapse, Coma, Convulsion, Cyanosis (bluish discoloration of the skin), Death, Shortness of breath, Muscle weakness, Restlessness, Vomiting.
SUBSTITUTES FOR CROMYL FORTENo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR CROMYL FORTE
- Avoid sudden discontinuation of sodium cromoglycate therapy as it may result in reoccurrence of symptoms.
- You should not use inhalations of sodium cromoglycate for acute attack of bronchospasm (sudden severe attacks of air passage constriction).
- Discontinue inhalation treatment if you develop eosinophilic pneumonia (a condition in which blood cells called eosinophils accumulate in the lungs).
- Do not touch the tip of eye drop bottle to your fingers, eyes or surrounding areas to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver functioning problems before taking oral sodium cromoglycate.
- Oral sodium cromoglycate should be used with caution in children under 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR CROMYL FORTE
Q. Is sodium cromoglycate an antihistamine?
No. Sodium cromoglycate has no known effect on chemical substances called histamine or its receptors in the body
Q. Is sodium cromoglycate a steroid?
It does not have structure or mechanism of action similar to steroids
Q. How does sodium cromoglycate work?
It works by inhibiting the release of allergy causing chemicals from specialized cells called ‘mast cells' (present in eyes, nose, air passages, along the digestive tract etc.) and thus interferes with the development and progression of allergic reactions
Q. Does sodium cromoglycate cause drowsiness?
No. Sodium cromoglycate does not cause drowsiness.
Q. Is benzalkonium chloride the same as rubbing alcohol?
No. Benzalkonium chloride is not as same as rubbing alcohol
Q. Is benzalkonium chloride antifungal?
Yes, benzalkonium chloride is known to be antifungal to some extent
Q. Does benzalkonium chloride kill viruses?
No. Benzalkonium does not kill viruses
Q. Is benzalkonium chloride bleach?
No. Benzalkonium chloride is not bleach
Q. Does benzalkonium chloride kill MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)/ staph (Staphylococcus Aureus)?
Yes, higher concentrations of benzalkonium chloride can kill MRSA / staph present on the skin
Q. Does benzalkonium chloride work for cold sores?
Yes. Benzalkonium chloride is effective for treatment of cold sores.