food interaction for CRESTOR
alcohol interaction for CRESTOR
pregnancy interaction for CRESTOR
lactation interaction for CRESTOR
Avoid Crestor 40 mg tablet with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CRESTOR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CRESTOR 40 MG TABLET
Patients taking CRESTOR 40 MG TABLET
- 88%Once A Day
- 5%Alternate Day
- 5%Twice A Day
- 2%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for CRESTOR
- ROSUVAS 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 43.65/tabletRs. 436.50save 15% more per tablet
- ROZAVEL 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 40/tabletRs. 400save 22% more per tablet
- NOVASTAT 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 41.70/tabletRs. 417save 18% more per tablet
- ROSEDAY 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 40.70/tabletRs. 406.97save 20% more per tablet
- ROZUCOR 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 42.60/tabletRs. 426save 17% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for CRESTOR
- Take Rosuvastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Rosuvastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Rosuvastatin. Niacin may increase Rosuvastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for CRESTOR
Q.Is rosuvastatin lipophilic?
No. It is hydrophilic in nature
Q.Is rosuvastatin safe?
Rosuvastatin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is rosuvastatin gluten free?
Yes, rosuvastatin is gluten fre
Q.Is rosuvastatin better than simvastatin?
Rosuvastatin is better than simvastatin as this is longer acting, more potent and has less side effects. Although, Rosuvastatinand simvastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action