food interaction for COVERSYL AM
alcohol interaction for COVERSYL AM
pregnancy interaction for COVERSYL AM
lactation interaction for COVERSYL AM
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COVERSYL AM
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for COVERSYL AM 5 MG/8 MG TABLET
Patients taking COVERSYL AM 5 MG/8 MG TABLET
- 92%Once A Day
- 8%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for COVERSYL AMNo substitutes found
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for COVERSYL AM
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Amlodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Amlodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Amlodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Amlodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for COVERSYL AM
Q.Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q.Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q.Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q.What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.
Q.Is perindopril a beta-blocker, statin, calcium channel blocker, or an ACE inhibitor?
Perindopril is ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor drug. It is not a beta-blocker, statin, or calcium channel blocker
Q.Is perindopril the same as perindopril erbumine, perindopril arginine or Coversyl?
Perindopril is the same as perindopril erbumine, perindopril arginine (different salt forms of perindopril with same effects) and Coversyl (brand name of perindopril)
Q.Can I take perindopril with Viagra, ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, paracetamol, allupurinol?
Perindopril can be taken with paracetamol and allopurinol only if prescribed by your doctor. Perindopril should not be taken with ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, or Viagra (sildenafil)
Q.Does perindopril cause blood thinning?
No, perindopril does not cause thinning of blood; it relaxes the blood vessels thereby decreasing the blood pressure
Q.Does perindopril cause weight gain, hair loss, tiredness, cough, angiodema, depression, constipation, slow heart rate, or erectile dysfunction?
Perindopril may cause cough, angiodema, depression, tiredness or weakness, constipation or slow heart rate. It is not known to cause weight gain, hair loss, or erectile dysfunction. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.