Medicine Overview of Contrapaque Infusion
Contrapaque 350mg Infusion is used in diagnosis of disease of spinal cord.
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer. Contrapaque 350mg Infusion may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Iohexol belongs to a class of drugs known as radiographic contrast agents. It enhances imaging due to its high Iodine content attenuating the beam of X-rays during examination.
In Depth Information on Contrapaque Infusion
• Keep yourself well hydrated before consumption of any contrast media to prevent any kidney damage.
• Inform your doctor if you are diabetic or if you have cancer, pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumor), blood disorder (Sickle cell anemia) or thyroid disorder or if you have a history of fits (epilepsy), heart diseases, multiple sclerosis or alcoholism.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you experience chest pain spreading to other parts of body, headache, and numbness after receiving iohexol.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to Iohexol or any of its ingredients and any other iodinated contrast media should avoid taking it.
• Patient with any local or systemic infection which may cause infection in blood (bacteremia) or receiving other medicine such as corticosteroids in case the contrast media has to be administered intrathecal (within the layers of spinal cord) should avoid taking Iohexol.
Contrapaque Infusion related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Contrapaque 350mg Infusion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Contrapaque 350mg Infusion is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
It is not known whether Contrapaque 350mg Infusion alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Contrapaque 350mg Infusion should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Contrapaque 350mg Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Contrapaque 350mg Infusion should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Contrapaque 350mg Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Not applicable. Contrapaque 350mg Infusion is given before imaging test, so it is important to take it at the time as advised by the doctor. If you miss the dose, your test results can be inaccurate.
Frequently asked questions about Contrapaque Infusion
Q. How does Iohexol work?
Iohexol contains iodine and works by enhancing contrasts to body parts and fluids. Iohexol improves the images obtained during a CT scan for easily diagnose your condition
Q. Is Iohexol radioactive?
No, it is not radioactive
Q. Is Iohexol water soluble?
Yes. Iohexol is a water soluble iodinated contrast medium.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Contrapaque 350mg Infusion: LMS, TFP, SVH, JVN, BDN, KHH, SYN, BHP, RWP, UHP, LCC, USF, MDH, RHW, TNH, SHC, DFP, SBA, JBT, ZEL, RPI, SLN, MAK, KNH, PTI, GTC, SWT, KAL, TRP, RPP, AAY, PLT, NNP, SJP, MPC, OWP, IPL, FGH, SCH, NVY, BHM, PRN, NXG, SGC, DVH, NDP, QLF, ANP, RKS, SBL, BBN, CHP, GPP, SHD, PRT, KIS, ZPR, PPR, AVS, UBL, TOM, SMN, BLS, ANT, ABP, AAR, BBS, HAT, ESY, GBL, AGT, TSS, GHR, BMJ, NNH, BAL, MMS, RDH, HZF, HTS, EMB, ADT, MAM, HNP, KHC, RUS, HEX, LHA, MKT, HMP, KMC, BIO, 9MM, MDO, RSS, OHM, EQN, BSN, SGH, AWS, 4IT, MBP, AYU, BNA, VJS, BLP, JHC, CLT, DAO, IAD, DGN, DZY, HGI, PNT, MLC, SDM, PMA, SRG, SVS, ATL, BHA, THP, HSP, NVL, JIV, VNS, DLP, NAS, VRS, ZVP, DHP, ENP, NSL, BGS, SWA, SPD, PWN, GNC, RDR, BTM, HBV, WHL, DPP, EPS, RHL, SSA, RJH, ARD, JSL, HPC, MAP, BAP, EVP, SWP, DYG, AYM, PVP, GTK, MSD, PHN, BHS, STA, BLE, PEN, UMP, NTB, VDH, JVO, QTM, ATP, OLT, MAX, SAF, DPL, HIP, OIP, EAN, WSI, RSA, DHR, GPT, 9T9, AMR