Contrapaque 300mg Injection
Uses of Contrapaque Injection
Side effects of Contrapaque Injection
How to use Contrapaque Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Contrapaque Injection works
Iohexol belongs to a class of drugs known as radiographic contrast agents. It enhances imaging due to its high Iodine content attenuating the beam of X-rays during examination.
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Contrapaque 300mg Injection.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Contrapaque 300mg Injection is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there are limited human studies.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Contrapaque 300mg Injection is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not harmful to the baby.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether Contrapaque 300mg Injection alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Contrapaque 300mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Contrapaque 300mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Contrapaque 300mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Contrapaque 300mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
What if you forget to take Contrapaque Injection?
Not applicable. Contrapaque 300mg Injection is given before imaging test, so it is important to take it at the time as advised by the doctor. If you miss the dose, your test results can be inaccurate.
For informational purposes only. Consult a doctor before taking any medicines.
Contrapaque 300mg Injection
₹20.33/ml of Injection
• Keep yourself well hydrated before consumption of any contrast media to prevent any kidney damage.
• Inform your doctor if you are diabetic or if you have cancer, pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumor), blood disorder (Sickle cell anemia) or thyroid disorder or if you have a history of fits (epilepsy), heart diseases, multiple sclerosis or alcoholism.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you experience chest pain spreading to other parts of body, headache, and numbness after receiving iohexol.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to Iohexol or any of its ingredients and any other iodinated contrast media should avoid taking it.
• Patient with any local or systemic infection which may cause infection in blood (bacteremia) or receiving other medicine such as corticosteroids in case the contrast media has to be administered intrathecal (within the layers of spinal cord) should avoid taking Iohexol.
Do you have any questions related to Contrapaque 300mg Injection ?
What are you using Contrapaque Injection for?
Q. How does Iohexol work?
Iohexol contains iodine and works by enhancing contrasts to body parts and fluids. Iohexol improves the images obtained during a CT scan for easily diagnose your condition
Q. Is Iohexol radioactive?
No, it is not radioactive
Q. Is Iohexol water soluble?
Yes. Iohexol is a water soluble iodinated contrast medium.
Disclaimer: 1mg's sole intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is expert-reviewed, accurate and trustworthy. However, the information contained herein should NOT be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician. The information provided here is for informational purposes only. This may not cover all possible side effects, drug interactions or warnings or alerts. Please consult your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. We intend to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
- Briggs GG, Freeman RK, editors. A Reference Guide to Fetal and Neonatal Risk: Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health; 2015. p. 730.
Cnergy IT Park, 3rd floor Appa Saheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025
A licensed pharmacy from your nearest location will deliver Contrapaque 300mg Injection. Once the pharmacy accepts your order, the details of the pharmacy will be shared with you. Acceptance of your order is based on the validity of your prescription and the availability of this medicine.
MRP₹406.67 Get 20% OFF
This price is valid only on the orders above ₹500
20 ml in 1 vial
PayPal: Get up to ₹500 instant cashback voucher on orders above ₹50 on your first transaction via PayPal. Offer valid till 31st Dec.