food interaction for CONTIFLO OD F
alcohol interaction for CONTIFLO OD F
pregnancy interaction for CONTIFLO OD F
lactation interaction for CONTIFLO OD F
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CONTIFLO OD F
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CONTIFLO OD F
- FINAST T CAPSULE 0.4 MG/5 MG(30 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 16.33/capsuleRs. 490pay 5% more per capsule
- TAMFLO F CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.03/capsuleRs. 120.30save 23% more per capsule
- URILOSIN F 0.4 MG/5 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 12.73/capsuleRs. 127.30save 18% more per capsule
- URIMAX F 0.4 MG/5 MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 20.40/capsuleRs. 306pay 31% more per capsule
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for CONTIFLO OD F
- Take the drug 30 minutes after the same meal every day.
- You may feel very dizzy when you first wake up. Be careful when standing or sitting up from a lying position.
- Do not start or continue the tamsulosin tablets and consult your doctor If you are allergic to tamsulosin, soya, peanut or to any of the other ingredients of tablet/capsule.
- Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor.
- Tamsulosin lowers blood pressure and may cause dizziness or fainting, especially when you first start taking it, or when you start taking it again. Call your doctor if you have severe dizziness or feel like you might pass out.
Frequently asked questions for CONTIFLO OD F
Q.Is tamsulosin/ Flomax/ Veltam available over the counter?
No. Tamsulosin/ Flomax/ Veltam is not available over the counter. It is a prescription drug
Q.Is tamsulosin a steroid/ a diuretic?
No. Tamsulosin is not a steroid or diuretic. It is an alpha blocker
Q.Can I take tamsulosin with Cialis/ tadalafil/ finasteride/ ibuprofen/ sildenafil/ Viagra/ paracetamol/Tylenol/ Sudafed/ aspirin/, ciprofloxacin?
There are no confirmed studies about any interaction between tamsulosin and finasteride/ ibuprofen/ paracetamol/ Sudafed/ aspirin/ ciprofloxacin. However when tamsulosin is taken along with tadalafil or sildenefil the blood pressure may get lowered. Consult your doctor before use
Q.Does tamsulosin cause weight gain?
There is no confirmed evidence about tamsulosin causing weight gain. However the effect may vary with the individual taking the medicine
Q.Does tamsulosin lower prostate specific antigen?
Tamsulosin can lower the prostate specific antigen. However the effect may vary with the individual taking the medicine
Q.Does tamsulosin shrink prostate?
Tamsulosin is used to treat symptoms of enlarge prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia), however tamsulosin does not shrink the prostate
Q.Does tamsulosin contain sulfa?
Yes, tamsulosin contains sulpha (sulphur moiety, sulphonamide). Please consult your doctor prior to taking tamsulosin, if you have any allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives (sulfa allergy).
Q.Is finasteride a steroid?
No, it belongs to class of medication called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Q.Is finasteride FDA approved?
Finasteride is approved by FDA. for the treatment and control of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in patients with an enlarged prostate and also in treatment of male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia)
Q.Is finasteride 5mg/Proscar/finasteride 1mg safe?
Finasteride 5mg/Proscar/finasteride 1 mg is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is finasteride available as over the count drug?
No, it is available as prescription drug
Q.Is finasteride is available in India?
Yes, finasteride is available in India
Q.Can I take proscar for hair loss?
No, Proscar (finasteride 5mg) is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
Q.Can finasteride regrow hair?
Finasteride (1 mg)/Propacia (1 mg) is used in the treatment of male pattern hair loss
Q.Does finasteride cause depression/infertility/weight gain/ impotence/lower testosterone/lower blood pressure/shedding?
Finasteride may cause impotence, infertility. Always follow doctor's advice regarding possible side effect.