Concyst 1mg Tablet
Primarily used for
10 tablets in 1 strip
Medicine Overview of Concyst Tablet
Uses of Concyst Tablet
Concyst 1mg Tablet is used in the treatment of overactive urinary bladder.
Side effects of Concyst Tablet
Dry mouth, Constipation, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Dry skin.
How to use Concyst Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Concyst 1mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Concyst Tablet works
Concyst 1mg tablet works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
In Depth Information on Concyst Tablet
Expert advice for Concyst Tablet
- Do not take this drug, If you are allergic to tolterodine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not take tolterodine if you are unable to pass urine from the bladder (urinaryretention); glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that can cause visual problems); myasthenia gravis (weakness of muscles); severe inflammation of all or any part of gut (ulcerative colitis); suffer from sudden and severe dilatation of the colon (toxic megacolon).
- Do not start or continue tolterodine if you have difficulties in passing urine due to obstruction in any part of the urinary tract; if you have obstruction in any part of the gut (e.g. pyloric stenosis); decreased bowel movements or suffer from severe constipation; or hernia.
- Avoid taking tolterodine if you suffer from neurological disorders that affect your blood pressure, bowel or sexual function.
- Tolterodine can cause dizziness,tiredness, affect sight and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Special precautions for Concyst 1mg Tablet
Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking tolterodine.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Concyst 1mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Concyst 1mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body.+more
Milk secretion may decrease....
Milk secretion may decrease.
Concyst 1mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect+more
your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Concyst 1mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be exercised with impaired renal function....
Caution should be exercised with impaired renal function.
Concyst 1mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with liver dis+more
ease. No dose adjustment of Concyst 1mg Tablet is recommended....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Fixtral 100mg Capsule, Vosicaz 200mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Tolterodine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Concyst 1mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Tolterodine
Q. Is tolterodine a diuretic?
No, Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Yes, Concyst is the generic name and Detrol is the brand name
Yes, Concyst is the generic dru
No, it is not a prodrug
Concyst belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. What is it used for?
It acts by blocking the activity of chemical (acetylcholine) on muscles of urinary bladder, preventing their contraction
No clinically observable effect on weight has been reported with the use of Concyst.