food interaction for COLIST
alcohol interaction for COLIST
pregnancy interaction for COLIST
lactation interaction for COLIST
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COLIST
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COLIST
- ICL 1000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 790/injectionRs. 790save 42% more per injection
- XYLOMONAS 1000000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 836.35/injectionRs. 836.35save 39% more per injection
- POLYMONAX 1000000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 416.25/injectionRs. 416.25save 69% more per injection
- WOCKSTIN 1000000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 468.75/injectionRs. 468.75save 66% more per injection
- NEOLISTIM 1000000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 891/injectionRs. 891save 35% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for COLIST
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for COLIST
Q.Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q.Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q.Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.