food interaction for COLICAID
alcohol interaction for COLICAID
pregnancy interaction for COLICAID
lactation interaction for COLICAID
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COLICAID
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for COLICAID 40 MG DROP
Patients taking COLICAID 40 MG DROP
- 59%Once A Day
- 19%Twice A Day
- 15%Thrice A Day
- 6%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for COLICAID
- CYMBI 40MG DROPS(15 ML drop in packet)Juggat PharmaRs. 2.40/ML of dropRs. 36save 1% more per ML of drop
- EUPEPTINE 40 MG DROP(15 ML drop in packet)Raptakos Brett & Co LtdRs. 4.40/ML of dropRs. 66pay 82% more per ML of drop
- FLATUNA 40 MG DROP(15 ML drop in packet)Meridian Enterprises Pvt LtdRs. 2.60/ML of dropRs. 39pay 8% more per ML of drop
- SPASLIN 40MG DROPS(15 ML drop in packet)Lincoln Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.98/ML of dropRs. 44.63pay 23% more per ML of drop
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for COLICAID
- It is better to take Simethicone with food or at bedtime.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks or eating food that increases gas formation. Food that creates gas in one person may not create gas in another.
- Do not chew the capsules or soft gels. Swallow them whole.
Frequently asked questions for COLICAID
Q.Is simethicone antacid?
No. Simethicone is not an antacid. But it is used in preparations which are used as antacid
Q.Does it contain aspirin?
It does not contain aspirin
Q.Is simethicone available over the counter?
Yes. Simethicone is sold over the counter without a prescription
Q.Is simethicone gluten free?
Yes. Simethicone is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is simethicone safe?
Yes. Simethicone is relatively safe
Q.Is it safe for babies?
Safe for infants and babies, if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is it safe to take simethicone daily?
It is advisable to take simethicone only as per the instructions of the doctor
Q.Is simethicone good for gas?
Yes. Simethicone is effective in the treatment of gas
Q.Does it have any side effects?
It does not have any known serious side-effects
Q.Can I take simethicone with ibuprofen, famotidine, lansoprazole, omeprazole, antibiotics, ranitidine, ciprofloxacin, Pepto-bismol, or Depakote?
Yes. Simethicone can be taken with ibuprofen, famotidine, lansoprazole, omeprazole, antibiotics, ranitidine, ciprofloxacin, Pepto-bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) or Depakote (divalproate sodium), if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does simethicone cause nausea or constipation?
Simethicone is not known to cause nausea or constipation. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Is simethicone effective against acid reflux?
Simethicone is effective in controlling acid reflux if combined with an antacid.