Medicine Overview of Cogvin Tablet
Side effects of Cogvin Tablet
Dizziness, Dry mouth, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nausea, Stomach pain.
How to use Cogvin Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Cogvin 5mg Tablet with food.
How Cogvin Tablet works
Vinpocetine is a semisynthetic derivative of the vinca alkaloids. It increases blood flow to the brain and heart and protects it from injury..
In Depth Information on Cogvin Tablet
Expert advice for Cogvin Tablet
- Do not use vinpocetine if you have blood clotting disorder because it might increase the risk of bleeding.
- Take precautions as vinpocetine may reduce body’s ability to fight infections. Inform your doctor if you have a weakened immune system due to conditions such as HIV/AIDS or cancer treatment.
- Discontinue the use of vinpocetine at least 2 weeks before you are scheduled for surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as Vinpocetine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol with vinpocetine as it may worsen the side effects.
Special precautions for Cogvin 5mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Cogvin 5mg Tablet+more
during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
It is not known whether Cogvin 5mg Tablet alters the ability+more
to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Cogvin+more
5mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Cogvin 5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Vinpocetine
Q. Does Cogvin help tinnitus/ lower blood pressure/ cause depression/ raise blood pressure/ thin the blood/ make you sleepy/ help with anxiety?
Cogvin is used for treating tinnitus. However, it is known to cause raise/ lowering of blood pressure, depression, thinning of blood, sleepiness and it does not help with anxiety.