food interaction for COGNIX
alcohol interaction for COGNIX
pregnancy interaction for COGNIX
lactation interaction for COGNIX
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Cognix 400 mg/60 mg capsule is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR COGNIX
Piracetam is used in the treatment of alzheimer's disease, stroke, dementia in parkinson's disease, age related memory loss and head trauma.
How it works
Piracetam belongs to class of medications called GABA (gamma amino butyric acid) analogues. It acts by protecting brain and nervous system against shortness of oxygen and it also affects various ion channels on nerve cell membrane.
Common side effects
Nausea, Nervousness, Rash, Abdominal pain, Anxiety, Confusion, Depression, Diarrhoea, Hallucination, Headache, Increased muscular activity, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Walking difficulties, Movement disorder, Sleepiness, Vertigo, Vomiting, Weakness, Weight gain
Ginkgo Biloba is used in the treatment of pain
How it works
The compounds found in ginkgo may have a protective role in different stages of the decline of intellectual function via several mechanisms of action: vasoregulating activity of arteries, capillaries, and veins (increased blood flow), platelet activating factor (PAF) antagonism, homeostasis of inflammation and oxidative stress, and prevention of cell membrane damage causedby free radicals, and neurotransmission modulation.
Common side effects
Palpitations, Bleeding disorder, Dizziness, Gastrointestinal discomfort, Headache, Hypersensitivity reaction
SUBSTITUTES FOR COGNIXNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR COGNIX
- Do not take piracetam tablet/oral solution if you are allergic to piracetam, pyrolidone derivatives or any other ingredient of tablet/solution.
- Do not use piracetam if you have serious kidney problem; brain hemorrhage or bleeding problems; or Huntington’s disease (neurodegenerative genetic disorder that affects muscle coordination and leads to behavioral symptoms).
- Avoid using piracetam if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not stop taking piracetam tablet/solution unless your doctor asks you to do so.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you experience side effects like sleepiness, nervousness and depression after taking piracetam.
Frequently asked questions FOR COGNIX
Q. Is piracetam natural?
Piracetam is not a naturally occurring substance
Q. Is piracetam legal?
Piracetam is legal
Q. Is piracetam a stimulant or addictive?
Piracetam is neither a stimulant, nor addictive
Q. Does piracetam give you energy?
Piracetam can increase alertness and person may feel energetic
Q. Is piracetam safe and effective?
Piracetam is relatively safe and effective if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does piracetam keep you awake or cause weight gain?
Piracetam can keep you awake and may cause weight gain
Q. Does piracetam stop working?
If piracetam stops working for you, do not stop taking it before consulting your doctor
Q. Does piracetam need prescription?
Piracetam requires a prescription.