food interaction for COFSYRYL 30MG/10MG/5MG SYRUP
alcohol interaction for COFSYRYL 30MG/10MG/5MG SYRUP
pregnancy interaction for COFSYRYL 30MG/10MG/5MG SYRUP
lactation interaction for COFSYRYL 30MG/10MG/5MG SYRUP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COFSYRYL 30MG/10MG/5MG SYRUP
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COFSYRYL 30MG/10MG/5MG SYRUP
- AMBROLITE D 30 MG/10 MG/5 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Tablets India LimitedRs. 0.75/ML of syrupRs. 75.25pay 46% more per ML of syrup
- AMBROLITE D 30 MG/10 MG/5 MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Tablets India LimitedRs. 0.98/ML of syrupRs. 58.85pay 91% more per ML of syrup
- XPECT A SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 0.64/ML of syrupRs. 64pay 24% more per ML of syrup
- TURBO 30 MG/10 MG/5 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 0.52/ML of syrupRs. 52pay 1% more per ML of syrup
- CZ TUS SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Lupin LtdRs. 0.65/ML of syrupRs. 65pay 26% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for COFSYRYL 30MG/10MG/5MG SYRUP
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, blood vessel, liver, kidney, bladder or prostate disorder.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience difficulty in breathing, swollen lips or skin, severe rashes and itching, hallucinations, restlessness or sleep disturbances.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken medication for any mental illness, high blood pressure or glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems).
- Do not take if allergic to pseudoephedrine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if medication is going for any mental disorder, nasal sprays for decongestion, high blood pressure.
- Do not take if suffering with kidney, heart, liver, blood vessel disorder or diabetes, hyperthyroidism, phaeochromocytoma (a rare tumor of the adrenal glands) or glaucoma.
- Do not take if below below 12 years.
- Do not take if Pregnant and breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for COFSYRYL 30MG/10MG/5MG SYRUP
Q.Can I take pseudoephedrine for allergies?
Pseudoephedrine does give symptomatic relief from seasonal allergic conditions such as runny nose and nasal decongestion.
Q.Can I take pseudoephedrine with ibuprofen?
Yes. Ibuprofen may relieve fever experienced during cold.
Q.Is dextromethorphan a steroid/an opiate/an antihistamine/ a narcotic/an NSAID/a controlled substance/contain alcohol/have codeine?
Dextromethorphan is a decongestant and not a steroid, antihistamine, opiate, NSAID or narcotic, but can have addictive effects if taken at large doses than recommended. It does not contain codeine or alcohol. It is not a controlled substance
Q.Does dextromethorphan work/ how much dextromethorphan can i take for cough?
Dextromethorphan works for most of the patient. It should be taken in amounts exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Cough medicine is usually taken only for a short time until your symptoms clear up. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended
Q.Is dextromethorphan safe/ does dextromethorphan makes you sleepy/make you tired/ raise blood sugar?
Dextromethorphan causes mild sedation effect thus can make you feel sleepy. It does not raise blood sugar or make you tired. Dextromethorphan is generally safe if taken at recommended doses and duration
Q.Can i take dextromethorphan with high blood pressure/ safe for high blood pressure/ raise blood pressure/ thin blood?
Though it isn't reported, but it should be used carefully in people with high blood pressure, as dextromethorphan may cause high blood pressure and the effectiveness of dextromethorphan is decreased by high blood pressure medications
Q.Can I take dextromethorphan with benzonatate/acetaminophen/codeine/ibuprofen/ diphenhydramine/pseudoephedrine/guaifenesin/Tamiflu/Benadryl?
Drug interaction with any of the above mentioned drugs is not documented, but it can occur. Always follow your doctor's advice before taking any medicine with dextromethorphan.
Q.Is cetirizine/ Alerid safe?
Cetirizine/ Alerid is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is cetirizine/ Alerid/ Alerid syrup an antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid?
Cetirizine is an antihistaminic drug. It is not an antibiotic or steroid
Q.Is cetirizine good for cold/ used for sore throat/ allergic reaction/itching/hives?
Cetirizine is used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or runny nose. It is also used to treat hives, but not used for sore throat. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is cetirizine/ Alerid D banned?
It is available in India and should be taken as advised by doctor
Q.How long can I take cetirizine for?
Patient should take cetirizine as directed by doctor
Q.Can you take cetirizine for prickly heat?
Cetirizine can be used for prickly heat to reduce the itching. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take cetirizine with paracetamol/ aspirin/ ibuprofen/ DayQuil/ prednisone/ Benadryl?
Cetirizine can be taken along with paracetamol, aspirin, ibuprofen, or prednisone. However, taking Benadryl and Dayquil along with cetirizine can increase the drowsiness. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Can I take cetirizine with high blood pressure?
Patients with high blood pressure can take cetirizine. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take cetirizine with loratadine/ diphenhydramine/ brompheniramine/ fexofenadine?
No. Patient should not take cetirizine with these drugs as they are from same category of antihistamines. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take cetirizine with antibiotics/ azithromycin/ citalopram/ sertraline?
Yes, as there are no expected reactions with cetirizine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does cetirizine make you sleepy or cause drowsiness?
Patient may feel sleepy after taking cetirizine. Always consult your doctor
Q.Does cetirizine make you gain weight?
It is rarely seen, but there is a possibility that cetirizine, like other anti-histamines might cause gain in weight
Q.Does cetirizine contain diphenhydramine/pseudoephedrine/aspirin/acetaminophen (paracetamol)?
No. Cetirizine does not contain diphenhydramine/pseudoephedrine/aspirin. However doctor may prescribe cetirizine in combination with these drugs.