food interaction for CODOREX
alcohol interaction for CODOREX
pregnancy interaction for CODOREX
lactation interaction for CODOREX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CODOREX
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CODOREX
- TOSSEX 4MG/10MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 1/ML of syrupRs. 99.80pay 30% more per ML of syrup
- CODISTAR 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 0.90/ML of syrupRs. 89.54pay 17% more per ML of syrup
- MITS LINCTUS CODEINAE 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Astra ZenecaRs. 1.01/ML of syrupRs. 100.80pay 32% more per ML of syrup
- GRILINCTUS CD 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.83/ML of syrupRs. 83.45pay 9% more per ML of syrup
- CODISTAR 4 MG/10 MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 0.83/ML of syrupRs. 50pay 9% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CODOREX
- Do not start or continue the chlorpheniramine tablets and consult your doctor, If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to chlorpheniramine or any of the other ingredients of chlorpheniramine tablet.
- Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not take for longer than 7 days in a row. Talk with your doctor, if your symptoms do not improve after 7 days of treatment, or if you have a fever with a headache or skin rash.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking chlorpheniramine because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions for CODOREX
Q.Does chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate cause increase in blood pressure/ drowsy/non drowsy/sedating/get you high/keep you awake/sleepiness/make you tired/weight gain?
Chlorpheniramine causing these side effects is common or rare. Always consult your doctor, if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Is chlorpheniramine like Benadryl?
No, chlorpheniramine is different from Benadryl
Q.Is chlorpheniramine prescription?
Yes, it is available with doctor’s prescription only
Q.Can I take chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate with Panadol/ cetirizine /Zyrtec/ Allegra/ warfarin/ diphenhydramine/ ibuprofen/Claritin/guaifenesin/Benadryl?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of chlorpheniramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does chlorpheniramine contain aspirin?
No, it does not contain aspirin in it. Chlorpheniramine is a different drug than aspirin.
Q.Is codeine legal in India?
Yes, however codeine containing tablets require prescription in India
Q.Is codeine addictive?
Codeine may cause addiction when consumed for longer duration. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is codeine a narcotic/hydrocodone/morphine/depressant?
Codeine is a naturally occurring form of morphine and called as narcotic. Hydrocodone is derived form of codeine. Codeine is not a depressant drug
Q.Is codeine strong?
It depends on the dose. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is codeine/Corex/Phensedyl over the counter or banned in India?
No, it is available in India with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is codeine/Corex bad or harmful?
It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is Corex a drug?
No, Corex is a cough syrup which contains codeine as one of its component
Q.What is Paracodin/Paracodin tablets/Paracodin 10 mg/Paracodol/Paracodina/Paracodin drops/Phensedyl/Phensedyl cough syrup used for?
These are the trade names of codeine containing products. Your doctor may prescribe it (depending on the disease condition) for the treatment of mild to moderate pain, diarrhea, cough, irritable bowel syndrome
Q.Can I take codeine for flu/headache/toothache/cold/back pain/tonsillitis/migraine/menstrual cramps/stomach pain?
Codeine is specifically used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain, diarrhea, cough, irritable bowel syndrome. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take codeine with naproxen/paracetamol/ibuprofen/advil/ warfarin/metronidazole/hydrocodone/diclofenac/ amoxicillin?
You can take codeine with paracetamol/ibuprofen/ Advil/ warfarin/ diclofenac/amoxicillin/naproxen. Taking metronidazole and hydrocodone may alter the effects of codeine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does codeine expire?
Codeine containing tablets are available with mention of expiry date on it. Before taking medicine, patient should consult pharmacist or doctor
Q.Does codeine make you high/tired/fat/awake/ sleep/constipate/thin blood/headache?
Codeine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does codeine have acetaminophen in it?
No, it does not contain acetaminophen in it. However, your doctor may prescribe codeine along with acetaminophen.