food interaction for COAPROVEL
alcohol interaction for COAPROVEL
pregnancy interaction for COAPROVEL
lactation interaction for COAPROVEL
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COAPROVEL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COAPROVELNo substitutes found
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for COAPROVEL
- Irbesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Irbesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Irbesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Irbesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for COAPROVEL
Q.Is irbesartan an alpha /a beta blocker/ calcium channel blocker/an ace inhibitor/a statin/ diuretic/ nitrate?
No. Irbesartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker
Q.Is irbesartan safe?
Yes. Irbesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is irbesartan and losartan the same?
No. Both are different drugs of the same class; however, they differ in their pharmacokinetic profile
Q.Can I take ibuprofen with irbesartan?
Use of ibuprofen with irbesartan may reduce the effects of irbesartan in lowering blood pressure. In addition, if this combination is taken frequently, it may affect the kidney function
Q.Can I take paracetamol with irbesartan?
Yes. You can take paracetamol with irbesartan
Q.Can I take aspirin with irbesartan?
Use of aspirin with irbesartan may reduce the effects of irbesartan in lowering blood pressure. In addition, if this combination is taken frequently, it may affect your kidney function
Q.Does irbesartan lower heart rate?
Yes. Irbesartan may lower your heart rate
Q.Does irbesartan cause constipation/ weight gain/ hair loss/ erectile dysfunction / impotence/ diarrhea/ ringing in the ears/ depression?
No. Irbesartan does not cause any of the above side effects. However, if you experience such side effects please consult your doctor immediately.
Q.Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.