Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection
1 ml in 1 vial
Medicine Overview of Clopixol-Acuphase Injection
Uses of Clopixol-Acuphase Injection
Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Clopixol-Acuphase Injection
Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Akathisia, Dystonia, Dry mouth, Constipation, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism.
How to use Clopixol-Acuphase Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Clopixol-Acuphase Injection works
Clopixol-acuphase 50mg/ml injection works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects the thoughts and moods.
In Depth Information on Clopixol-Acuphase Injection
Expert advice for Clopixol-Acuphase Injection
- Zuclopenthixol should be used with caution if you have following medical conditions: liver disease, heart disease, arrhythmias, severe respiratory disease, kidney failure, fits (epilepsy) and conditions leading to fits like alcohol withdrawal or brain damage, Parkinson's disease, narrow angle glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, myasthenia gravis, phaeochromocytoma.
- You should avoid sudden withdrawal of zuclopenthixol as this may lead to acute withdrawal symptoms (including nausea, vomiting, sweating and insomnia).
- Inform your doctor if you develop signs of persistent infection.
- Zuclopenthixol should be used with caution if you have diabetes and adjustment of antidiabetic treatment may be required.
- Use of alcohol and other antipsychotics should be avoided when you are on zuclopenthixol therapy.
- Do not use if you have rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Zuclopenthixol may affect your concentration and judgement. Do not drive or operate machinery till you feel fine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection
Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection should be used with caut+more
ion during lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Patients should not drive if they have blurred vision....
Patients should not drive if they have blurred vision.
Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection is recommended.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal failure....
Caution should be used in patients with renal failure.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Benadryl Dr Dry Cough Active Relief Syrup
Frequently asked questions for Clopixol-Acuphase 50mg/ml Injection
Frequently asked questions for Zuclopenthixol
Q. What is Clopixol-acuphase/ Clopixol-acuphase decanoate/ Clopixol-acuphase decanoate depot used for?
Clopixol-acuphase is used for the initial treatment of short-term psychoses like mania or increased severity of existing psychoses. It is also used to treat schizophrenia (psychiatric disorder with symptoms of emotional instability, detachment from reality, often with delusions and hallucinations, and withdrawal into the self)
Clopixol-acuphase works by blocking certain chemicals present in the brain and thus helps to reduce psychoses.
Substitutes for Clopixol-Acuphase
No substitutes found for this medicine