food interaction for CLONEON
alcohol interaction for CLONEON
pregnancy interaction for CLONEON
lactation interaction for CLONEON
medicine interaction for CLONEON
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CLONEON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CLONEONNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR CLONEON
- Do not take clonidine, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clonidine or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take clonidine, if you have a slow heart rate due to heart problems.
- Avoid using clonidine, if you are pregnant, likely to get pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking clonidine, if you have Raynaud’s disease (a problem with circulation to the fingers and toes) or other blood circulation problems, including circulation to the brain; heart or kidney problems; pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland); depression; constipation; nerve disorder that causes your hands and feet to feel different (‘altered sensation’).
- Take precaution while taking clonidine, if you are going to have any blood tests as clonidine can affect results relating to your liver.
- Your eyes may get dry whilst taking clonidine, this may be a problem, if you wear contact lenses.
- Do not give clonidine to children younger than 18 years of age.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking clonidine as it may increase the effects of alcohol.
- You may feel sleepy or dizzy while taking clonidine. If this happens, be careful while driving or using any machinery.
- Do not stop using clonidine suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
Frequently asked questions FOR CLONEON
Q. Is clonidine a beta blocker/ a benzodiazepine/an ace inhibitor/ a diuretic/an opiate/addictive/ narcotic/ a controlled substance?
Clonidine belongs to a group of medicines called vasodilators. It is not a beta blocker, benzodiazepine, ace inhibitor, diuretic, opiate, addictive, narcotic, a controlled substance
Q. Is clonidine used for anxiety/for sleep/ /for hot flashes/for opiate withdrawal/ clonidine help with methadone withdrawal?
Clonidine is primarily approved to be used as a medication for high blood pressure; it can be also used to treat anxiety, sleep disorders, hot flashes in women. Clonidine is used as a non-narcotic alternative to methadone for reducing withdrawal symptoms in people who are trying to stop taking opiate drugs such as morphine and heroin
Q. Is clonidine safe/ make you tired/ cause weight loss/ get u high/potentiate opiates/ does clonidine cause depression/ cause bradycardia?
Clonidine is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. Certain side effects include feeling tired, depression, bradycardia (low blood pressure). It can make you high and may potentiate opiates
Q. Does clonidine come in liquid form?
Clonidine is available in oral liquid form for children treated for attention deficient hyperactivity disorder and other mental disorders.