Drug interaction for CLOFRANIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The potential benefits may outweigh the risks. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CLOFRANILClomipramine(25 mg)
How it works
Common side effects
Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, Nightmare, Orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure), Palpitations, Increased sensitivity to light, Pneumonitis, Increased white blood cell count (eosinophils), Liver enzyme increased, Gastrointestinal discomfort, Abnormal heart rhythm, Abnormal milky discharge from breast, Activation of psychotic symptoms, Acute confusional state, Aggravation of depression, Aggression, Agitation, Allergic reaction, Anaphylactic reaction, Decreased blood pressure, Anxiety, Blurred vision, Breast enlargement, Bruise, Convulsion, Depersonalisation (feelings of being outside the body), Diarrhoea, Dilatation of the pupil of the eye, Disorientation (alteration of mental status), Difficulty in paying attention, Dizziness, Altered taste, Difficulty in urination, Ecg changes, Eeg changes, Erectile dysfunction, Fatigue, Hair loss, Headache, Hepatitis (viral infection of liver), Jaundice, High grade fever, Hot flashes, Hypomania, Inability to empty the urinary bladder, Increase in body weight, Increased appetite, Increased blood pressure, Visual disorder, Increased intraocular pressure, Increased sweating, Insomnia, Itching, Loss of appetite, Extremes of being happy or sad, Memory impairment, Muscle damage, Muscle twitching, Muscle weakness, Restlessness, Ringing in ear, Skin bleeding, Sleep disorder, Sleepiness, Speech disorder, Swelling, Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion, Tremor, Unsteadiness, Auditory hallucination, Visual hallucination, Vomiting, Yawning, Abnormal sensation in skin, Altered sexual function
SUBSTITUTES for CLOFRANIL
- CLONIL 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.25/tabletRs. 62.50save 5% more per tablet
- CLOMILENT 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 5.04/tabletRs. 50.40save 24% more per tablet
- OCIFRIL 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 5.17/tabletRs. 51.70save 22% more per tablet
- CLOMIDEP 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Triko PharmaceuticalsRs. 4.70/tabletRs. 47save 29% more per tablet
- CLOMINE 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 2/tabletRs. 20.02save 70% more per tablet
Expert advice for CLOFRANIL
- Do not start or continue clomipramine tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to tricyclic antidepressants, clomipramine or any of the other ingredients of clomipramine medication.
- Do not take clomipramine if you have history of suicide-related events.
- Avoid using clomipramine if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Advice care givers to monitor the patient carefully.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: heart disorders, serotonin syndrome, fits (convulsions), increased pressure inside the eye causing visual problems (narrow angle glaucoma), urinary retention, liver disease, and chronic constipation.