Medicine Overview of Clodict Tablet
Uses of Clodict Tablet
Clodict 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension and opioid withdrawal.
Side effects of Clodict Tablet
Headache, Dry mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Constipation, Erectile dysfunction, Sleep disorder, Depression, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing).
How to use Clodict Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Clodict 100mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Clodict Tablet works
Clodict 100mg tablet works by decreasing the levels of certain chemical messengers in the body. As a result, Clodict 100mg tablet lowers the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels.
In Depth Information on Clodict Tablet
Expert advice for Clodict Tablet
- Do not take clonidine, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clonidine or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take clonidine, if you have a slow heart rate due to heart problems.
- Avoid using clonidine, if you are pregnant, likely to get pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking clonidine, if you have Raynaud’s disease (a problem with circulation to the fingers and toes) or other blood circulation problems, including circulation to the brain; heart or kidney problems; pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland); depression; constipation; nerve disorder that causes your hands and feet to feel different (‘altered sensation’).
- Take precaution while taking clonidine, if you are going to have any blood tests as clonidine can affect results relating to your liver.
- Your eyes may get dry whilst taking clonidine, this may be a problem, if you wear contact lenses.
- Do not give clonidine to children younger than 18 years of age.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking clonidine as it may increase the effects of alcohol.
- You may feel sleepy or dizzy while taking clonidine. If this happens, be careful while driving or using any machinery.
- Do not stop using clonidine suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
Special precautions for Clodict 100mg Tablet
Taking Clonidine with alcohol may have additive effects in l+more
owering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Clodict 100mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Clodict 100mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Clodict 100mg Tablet may cause blurring of your vision for a+more
short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Clodict 100mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Clodict 100mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of blood pressure is advisable for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of blood pressure is advisable for dose adjustment.
Clodict 100mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Clodict 100mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Cyblex 60mg XR Tablet, Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml, Galvus 50mg Tablet, Januvia 100mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Clonidine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Clodict 100mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Clodict
No substitutes found for this medicine