Medicine Overview of Clinizex Cream
How to use Clinizex Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Clinizex Cream works
Clinizex 1% Cream is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Clinizex Cream
Expert advice for Clinizex Cream
- Discontinue use of topical clindamycin and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse or use of other intravaginal products such as tampons or douches while using clindamycin cream.
- Clindamycin cream contains mineral oil that may weaken latex products (condoms and diaphragms) and may not provide adequate birth control. Therefore, do not use these products within 72 hours of using clindamycin cream.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation).
Clinizex Cream related warnings
Special precautions for Clinizex Cream
No interaction found
Clinizex 1% Cream is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Clinizex 1% Cream is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Clinizex 1% Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Clinizex 1% Cream is probably safe to use in patients with k+more
idney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Clinizex 1% Cream may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Clinize+more
x 1% Cream in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions about Clinizex Cream
Frequently asked questions about Clindamycin Topical
Q. Can I use clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q. Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q. Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.
User Submitted Feedback For Clinizex 1% Cream
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Clinizex 1% Cream. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”