food interaction for CLARIMIN
alcohol interaction for CLARIMIN
pregnancy interaction for CLARIMIN
lactation interaction for CLARIMIN
Avoid Clarimin 500 mg tablet with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CLARIMIN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CLARIMIN 500 MG TABLET
Patients taking CLARIMIN 500 MG TABLET
- 93%Twice A Day
- 7%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CLARIMIN
- CLARIBID 500 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 48.08/tabletRs. 192.32save 30% more per tablet
- CLARINOVA 500 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 29.19/tabletRs. 175.12save 58% more per tablet
- BIOCLAR 500 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 32.25/tabletRs. 129save 53% more per tablet
- CLARBACT 500MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 48.31/tabletRs. 193.23save 30% more per tablet
- CRIXAN OD 500 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 48.08/tabletRs. 288.47save 30% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CLARIMIN
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension and consult your doctor, if you are allergic to clarithromycin or any macrolide antibiotic (ex. azithromycin,).
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you develop severe or prolonged diarrhea during or after receiving clarithromycin.
- If clarithromycin tablets make you feel dizzy, do not drive, operate machinery or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Frequently asked questions for CLARIMIN
Q.Is clarithromycin a penicillin, antibiotic, or a fluoroquinolone?
Clarithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic, not a penicillin or fluoroquinolone
Q.Is clarithromycin safe?
Clarithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take clarithromycin for bacterial vaginosis, tooth infection, bladder infection, acne and cystitis?
Clarithromycin can be used to treat bacterial vaginosis unless resistance has not been developed against clindamycin or any macrolide antibiotic (clarithromycin, azithromycin, etc.)
Q.Is clarithromycin gluten free or contain sulfa?
Clarithromycin is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use. Clarithromycin is not a sulfa drug/does not contain sulpha
Q.Can I take clarithromycin with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil?
Yes clarithromycin can be taken with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil. Always consult your physician before use
Q.Does clarithromycin cause drowsiness, insomnia, or thrush?
Clarithromycin does not cause drowsiness when taken as prescribed. But, it may cause insomnia (sleeplessness) and thrush (infection of mouth caused by candida fungus)
Q.Does clarithromycin affect birth control?
When taken with birth control pills, clarithromycin does not affect birth control.