food interaction for CLARIBID OD
alcohol interaction for CLARIBID OD
pregnancy interaction for CLARIBID OD
lactation interaction for CLARIBID OD
medicine interaction for CLARIBID OD
Avoid Claribid od 500 mg tablet with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CLARIBID OD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CLARIBID OD
- CLARIBID 500MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 48.08/tabletRs. 192.32save 28% more per tablet
- CLARINOVA 500 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 29.19/tabletRs. 175.12save 56% more per tablet
- BIOCLAR 500 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 32.25/tabletRs. 129save 51% more per tablet
- CLARBACT 500MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 48.31/tabletRs. 193.23save 27% more per tablet
- CRIXAN OD 500MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 67.17/tabletRs. 403pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR CLARIBID OD
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension and consult your doctor, if you are allergic to clarithromycin or any macrolide antibiotic (ex. azithromycin,).
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you develop severe or prolonged diarrhea during or after receiving clarithromycin.
- If clarithromycin tablets make you feel dizzy, do not drive, operate machinery or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Frequently asked questions FOR CLARIBID OD
Q. Is clarithromycin a penicillin, antibiotic, or a fluoroquinolone?
Clarithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic, not a penicillin or fluoroquinolone
Q. Is clarithromycin safe?
Clarithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take clarithromycin for bacterial vaginosis, tooth infection, bladder infection, acne and cystitis?
Clarithromycin can be used to treat bacterial vaginosis unless resistance has not been developed against clindamycin or any macrolide antibiotic (clarithromycin, azithromycin, etc.)
Q. Is clarithromycin gluten free or contain sulfa?
Clarithromycin is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use. Clarithromycin is not a sulfa drug/does not contain sulpha
Q. Can I take clarithromycin with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil?
Yes clarithromycin can be taken with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil. Always consult your physician before use
Q. Does clarithromycin cause drowsiness, insomnia, or thrush?
Clarithromycin does not cause drowsiness when taken as prescribed. But, it may cause insomnia (sleeplessness) and thrush (infection of mouth caused by candida fungus)
Q. Does clarithromycin affect birth control?
When taken with birth control pills, clarithromycin does not affect birth control.