food interaction for CITOPAM
alcohol interaction for CITOPAM
pregnancy interaction for CITOPAM
lactation interaction for CITOPAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CITOPAM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CITOPAM
- CITALIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Linux LaboratoriesRs. 7.40/tabletRs. 74pay 60% more per tablet
- CIPAM S 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70pay 51% more per tablet
- CITARA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.55/tabletRs. 35.50save 23% more per tablet
- C PRAM 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.83/tabletRs. 28.35save 39% more per tablet
- CITALENT 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39save 16% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CITOPAM
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Citalopram, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The risk of dependence is minimal with the Citalopram.
- The most common side effect seen with Citalopram is nausea, vomiting followed by diarrhea. On long-term use, the patient might develop sexual side effects, but they are reversible.
- Do not discontinue or increase/decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Citalopram at least for 2 to 3 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
- Citalopram should be taken preferably during the day to keep the mood alleviated during the day.
- During the treatment initially signs of anxiety may be seen in some patients.
Frequently asked questions for CITOPAM
Q.What citalopram used for?
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and panic disorder
Q.Does citalopram cause weight gain/ high blood pressure/ headaches?
Citalopram may cause certain side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure and rarely rapid weight gain
Q.Does citalopram contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)?
Citalopram does not contain MAOI. However, citalopram should not be taken if a MAOI inhibitor is taken in the past 14 days, as it may cause dangerous drug interaction.