food interaction for CITALIN
alcohol interaction for CITALIN
pregnancy interaction for CITALIN
lactation interaction for CITALIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CITALIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CITALIN
- OLARC 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sigmund PromedicaRs. 3.04/tabletRs. 30.40save 22% more per tablet
- CIPAM S 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 3.37/tabletRs. 33.68save 14% more per tablet
- ZETALO 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 3.38/tabletRs. 33.82save 13% more per tablet
- VOCITA 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.43/tabletRs. 34.28save 12% more per tablet
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for CITALIN
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Citalopram, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The risk of dependence is minimal with the Citalopram.
- The most common side effect seen with Citalopram is nausea, vomiting followed by diarrhea. On long-term use, the patient might develop sexual side effects, but they are reversible.
- Do not discontinue or increase/decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Citalopram at least for 2 to 3 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
- Citalopram should be taken preferably during the day to keep the mood alleviated during the day.
- During the treatment initially signs of anxiety may be seen in some patients.
Frequently asked questions for CITALIN
Q.What citalopram used for?
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and panic disorder
Q.Does citalopram cause weight gain/ high blood pressure/ headaches?
Citalopram may cause certain side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure and rarely rapid weight gain
Q.Does citalopram contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)?
Citalopram does not contain MAOI. However, citalopram should not be taken if a MAOI inhibitor is taken in the past 14 days, as it may cause dangerous drug interaction.