SALT INFORMATIONPropranolol(20 mg)
It is used to treat high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm, heart disease, anxiety and uncontrolled shaking (tremors), chest pain and migraine headaches. It is also used to prevent bleeding in the stomach and food pipe in patients with swollen blood vessels due to liver disease.
How it works
Propranolol belongs to a class of medications called beta blockers. Propranolol works by blocking the action of certain natural chemicals in the body (such as epinephrine) that affect the heart and blood vessels. This effect reduces heart rate, blood pressure, and strain on the heart.
Common side effects
Gastrointesinal symptoms, Cardiac conduction abnormalities, Fatigue, Decreased sexual desire or ability, Dyspnea, Severely restricted blood flow to the fingers and toes, Bronchospasm, Decreased heart rate, Hypotension, Sleep disturbances, Increased glucose level
- BETACAP 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 2.70/tabletRs. 27pay 26% more per tablet
- NORTEN 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Baroda Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 2.13/tabletRs. 21.26save 1% more per tablet
- PROVANOL 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.35/tabletRs. 23.50pay 9% more per tablet
- PROLOL 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Crescent Therapeutics LtdRs. 2.20/tabletRs. 22pay 2% more per tablet
- PONOL 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.18/tabletRs. 21.80pay 1% more per tablet
- Take propranolol at the same time each day
- Do not skip doses or stop using propranolol suddenly as it may make your condition worse.
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember; skip the missed dose if your next dose is less than 4 hours away (for short acting propranolol medication) or less than 8 hours away (for extended release propranolol).
- The medicine can cause dizziness for the first few days. Avoid driving and performing activities that require you to be alert till you know how the drug affects you
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your blood levels of propranolol.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
- Check your blood pressure after one week and consult your doctor if it has not improved
- Do not take Propranolol if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to propranolol hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.